• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues midfielder Wright to trigger clause in contract if he starts at Rochdale

Wow, you can almost hear the sounds of people's feet as they rush to jump on the "It's all White's Fault" bandwagon.

Next thing you know there'll be loads of posts about him running straight down the tunnel after matches, not clapping the fans etc.

White or Wright ?

I still think there's a decent player in there, albeit we haven't really seen much evidence of it yet. Early days suggests that Powell likes to have 1 main striker and then a number 10 to support rather than 2 out and out strikers and this is where he shone for Gills last season so hopefully we see a better player if he's ever played there.

The majority of us were happy, even elated, to have CP as manager and felt he could do the job. CP has had options available and had no need to allow the trigger in Wrights contract to come into being. From that I assume CP is happy to have Wright at the club and not only rates him but includes him in his future plans. Thats good enough for me.

SCP needs to see a player play in games if he is to judge whether he wants a player here next season, and even though this triggered the clause in Wright's contract doesn't mean we HAVE to keep him. So let's allow SCP to judge the squad and make his decisions at the end of the season. In Chris Powell we trust.

Here's the other Echo article. I wonder where Chris Phillips got the story from? Never believe what you read in the Echo!

Back