• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Player Inteviews

palexander

Life President
Heath: Didnt really commit himself to saying he wanted to stay. Wasnt sure about his future, but when pressed to say if he wanted to stay, he just said he "wants to play games (i.e. not specifically here)". Get the impression M'Voto has already been earmarked to take over next week.

Tilson: Bit of a tetchy interview again! When asked about Paynter and that it would be good to see him again and that he has done well at Swindon, Tilson replied "Has he? Hardly prolific, lets see how he does at the end of this season" - Speller retorted with "he has 4 goals already this season" to which Tilson pretty much snapped "well he didnt want to be down this way so.."

On any changes at the moment, Tilly replied "not much I can change" (errr, Sawyer!?) so expect the same 11 Saturday. Laurent is back training though.

Finally on transfers, "no movement" expected and Speller said is that because we are "ok" squad wise, too which Tilson didnt really agree - saying injuries etc would leave us short. Sounds like he wants to dip in, but obviously the financial situation is still no better. :(

Heath: Didnt really commit himself to saying he wanted to stay. Wasnt sure about his future, but when pressed to say if he wanted to stay, he just said he "wants to play games (i.e. not specifically here)". Get the impression M'Voto has already been earmarked to take over next week.

Tilson: Bit of a tetchy interview again! When asked about Paynter and that it would be good to see him again and that he has done well at Swindon, Tilson replied "Has he? Hardly prolific, lets see how he does at the end of this season" - Speller retorted with "he has 4 goals already this season" to which Tilson pretty much snapped "well he didnt want to be down this way so.."

On any changes at the moment, Tilly replied "not much I can change" (errr, Sawyer!?) so expect the same 11 Saturday. Laurent is back training though.

Finally on transfers, "no movement" expected and Speller said is that because we are "ok" squad wise, too which Tilson didnt really agree - saying injuries etc would leave us short. Sounds like he wants to dip in, but obviously the financial situation is still no better. :(

Thanks for this, pb...I wonder if the "not much I can change" quote refers to the wider situation? If so, no wonder he's sounding so disaffected...:unsure:
ps good news about Laurent though!

Last edited:

I think you've exaggerated it a little on what Tilly said. I don't think he ever snapped, he gave a pretty standard answer about Billy, and it's maybe understandable that he doesn't want to go on about what an expensive mistake it was. It would be great if Sawyer could play 90mins, but it doesn't look that way, so he'll continue to be a substitute. Also he mentioned there are a couple of loanee's he has his eye on, and will probably go for them if there are injuries to key players. I don't think he looked particularly negative or was particularly tetchy, he seemed happy with the performances

If Heath and White go back then we'll have to bring at least one player in. Although I wouldn't be all that surprised to see one come in even if those two stay. Before anyone asks, I don't know anything, it's just my guess.

In my opinion it'd be somewhat ridiculous to end up being in the same position as last year with the whole emergency loan patching up effort so it'd be better to get one or two in now. Tilly was on Sky before the Millwall game saying how he'd like to bring some in before the deadline.....

I'm still gutted we didn't get Andros Townsend in though. He'd have made such a difference to us, which he's proving at Orient.

I think you've exaggerated it a little on what Tilly said. I don't think he ever snapped, he gave a pretty standard answer about Billy, and it's maybe understandable that he doesn't want to go on about what an expensive mistake it was. It would be great if Sawyer could play 90mins, but it doesn't look that way, so he'll continue to be a substitute. Also he mentioned there are a couple of loanee's he has his eye on, and will probably go for them if there are injuries to key players. I don't think he looked particularly negative or was particularly tetchy, he seemed happy with the performances

Just seemed he didnt have to be so narky about it. All he had to say was "yea, billy has done well - but sometimes that happens". Just saying he seems ****ed off in interviews recently - and I cannot blame him with all that is going on!

agree, theres a definite edge to his interviews this season. i just think hes done with ron managers thinking they could do better, no signings, no transfer money etc, yeah we havent won but we've acquitted ourselves well so far. but to use an old cliche its a results business. and im sure a win or two will imprve his mood!

Both Heath and White I think are decent enough and cannot fault the effort and commitment they have shown. Neither does enough to make me want to sign them but then if we got either wouldnt be disapointed either.

Just seemed he didnt have to be so narky about it. All he had to say was "yea, billy has done well - but sometimes that happens". Just saying he seems ****ed off in interviews recently - and I cannot blame him with all that is going on!

I just watched the Tilly interview and have to agree he sounded a little ****ed off. He has to stick to the party line but he sailed pretty close to giving his true feelings about the situation.

I am concerned at the moment that if a decent club came in for Tilly we will lose him - regardless of Ron not giving him permission. Those that want to leave always get there way.

I just watched the Tilly interview and have to agree he sounded a little ****ed off. He has to stick to the party line but he sailed pretty close to giving his true feelings about the situation.

I am concerned at the moment that if a decent club came in for Tilly we will lose him - regardless of Ron not giving him permission. Those that want to leave always get there way.

im not so sure about that , tilly doesnt strike me as a grass is greener type of bloke, I sincerely hope that he'll finish what he's started here, and see us into the new stadium, then who knows, IM sure all managers are all to aware of the "Bryan Gunn 1 loss your history" ethos flying about at the mo.

regarding heath, of course he isnt commiting to anything. if he says he wants to stay here and is then forced to go back to colu, or says he wants to go back and then has the chance to stay, he cant win. its a difficult position to be in as he cant afford to pee off either club.

Back