• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BennettUTB

Just wondering if people thought that the Blues Player is worth the £40 ish a year?

I won't be able to get to any games probably this year, but would still like to support the club.

Basically, what are the best features in your opinion, and would you pay £40 for a years subscription?

The Live radio coverage of games and post-match edited video highlights are the best features of BP coverage, IMO.I also enjoy the pre/post-match interviews with PB and the players.
I'll be re-newing again when my current subscription runs out at the end of September.

We used to have blues player but it just costs too much, I prefer just using the new panel they've got on the website for free rather than paying a load of money.

Love it tbh, being able to sign into Blues Player through the Football League app means I can listen to games on my iPhone. Highlights, interviews. IMHO well worth £40 a year.

Old chestnut..............nothing better to push the blood pressure up on a Saturday afternoon than BP! Life would be difficult for me without it. In the end, it comes down to how much you really need it. I don't have the option of listening to Essex radio for away games.

Can't get Radio Essex to hear the matches and can't afford to get back up to actually watch games, so a quid a match is not too steep a price to pay. Also, a lot more match video to watch now. A no-brainer for me.

While we're on the subject of BP,I've just seen the extended highlights of the Plymouth and Yeovil home games.

Please SUFC spend some time in the editing suite and add a commentary to these highlights.

We used to do this for all home games (and away and other league clubs do it as a matter of course).

I'm afraid crowd noise (welcome as it is)just doen't cut it fo me.A little cash spent in the editing suite would go a long way to justifying that 40 quid a year subscription fee to BP.

While we're on the subject of BP,I've just seen the extended highlights of the Plymouth and Yeovil home games.

Please SUFC spend some time in the editing suite and add a commentary to these highlights.

We used to do this for all home games (and away and other league clubs do it as a matter of course).

I'm afraid crowd noise (welcome as it is)just doen't cut it fo me.A little cash spent in the editing suite would go a long way to justifying that 40 quid a year subscription fee to BP.

I edit the extended highlights and I don't get commentary on my DVD. I actually prefer it with no commentary but each to their own I guess.

I do think BP has massively improved. You're now able to watch the full game on there. I don't think £40 is that bad when essentially, you don't miss a kick!

I edit the extended highlights and I don't get commentary on my DVD. I actually prefer it with no commentary but each to their own I guess.

I do think BP has massively improved. You're now able to watch the full game on there. I don't think £40 is that bad when essentially, you don't miss a kick!

Frankly I don't have the time (nor the inclinatation)to watch the whole of a match that I've already (usually) listened to on the net.
I do however very much appreciate a commentary on the edited highlights,as it helps me follow the play,learn the names of new players etc.
If you don't like commentary,crowd noise etc, you can always turn it down.

Does bp live match commentary now work on the iPhone? Didn't work for me last season.

When I bought BP in January for £20 for 6 months it was totally worthwhile and I've loved it. But since the official YouTube channel started and the club have been posting highlights (albeit short) and interviews for free I'm doubting whether I really need it.

Plus the video quality is shocking - in some cases I've had to stop watching because I can't make out individual players. Any chance of an improvement soon AB?

Must say it would be nice to have better definition for the video, but I guess that's down to keeping the upload size down.

Well if you're an exiled fan it's a good purchase. I sit and listen to the Southend comentary and watch a premiership game on a Saturday night.

As others have said, it has improved with a replay of the match and interviews.

Some good advice here. To be honest, the only thing I actually miss about Essex is the Football, so I reckon that as soon as I get my Student Loan through (yup, the irony of spending student money on football isn't lost on me) I'll probably get it! Thanks guys for all your help!

I just signed up for the first time before the Plymouth game and am enjoying the live match commentary, interviews and highlights. For someone on the other side of the planet it gives me a little more chance to "see" how we are playing.

When the daylight savings switch hits in a month or so it might be a different story...games starting 2am local time instead of midnight.

Back