• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
who would you for for and why.

Think I would most like to have Chris Barker. Strikes me as a nice sort of family chap so I think he would understand the kids can get a bit messy at the table. Can image he would be the sort of bloke that says "let me wash up, you go and put your feet up" also which would be most welcomed. I think he would be happy go lucky when it came to the choice of afternoon TV viewing which is handy as the mother in law is very particualr in what she likes to watch. Dont think he would outstay his welcome either.

Think I would least like to have Britt over. Just dont think the conversation would be up to much, I imagine no matter how good lunch was he would find fault and I can just see him on his bloody phone all day which would get annoying.

Thoughts people....

Most - Phillips because he seems like a decent fella who might want to entertain the kids on the PS3 whilst I'm fulfilling my mother in law's every whim.

Least - Smith in case he spills wine all over my carpet.

Least - Barks; his wheelchair would make a mess of my carpets ( his legs have gone, you know ......)

Most - Ron Martin - an ideal opportunity to get to know the "real" man beneath his public persona .....

Most - Britt, so he can feel extra wanted and want to stay for next Christmas too.

Least - Ben Clarkson, lovely man I'm sure but I couldn't afford the mince pie bill.

Most - Tomlin or Benyon, both great banter and personality.

Least - Smith, no personality.

Definitely agree with Dave re Britt Assombalonga. If his tweets are anything to go by, he'd be insufferable.

I'd love to have Luggy over though; think he'd be an ideal guest and if he brought Blair along, then we'd also have lots of Star Wars DVDs to plough through.

hoping smith wins the minority of haters around he is a decent stopper for us and i had the pleasure of meeting him a couple years ago and he is a genuinely top bloke

hoping smith wins the minority of haters around he is a decent stopper for us and i had the pleasure of meeting him a couple years ago and he is a genuinely top bloke

Neil, we're trying to stop the Smith debate taking over every thread, and the same argument applies to those that want to support him as those who want to find fault. Stay on topic, this is NOT another Smith thread. Thanks.

We've seen Britt's family at some away games and they all seem lovely and very friendly so doubt Britt would be too bad a guest! However, I very much doubt I'd have much in common with him so he wouldn't be top of my list.

Most - Clohessy, he was really friendly and chatty when we had lunch with him on the back of the Zone sponsorship plus as a dad of a youngster, he'd join in with playing and laughing with Kev's little grand-daughter

Least - not sure there is a "least" to be honest

Most - Hurst - seems like a thoroughly nice chap.

Least - Spicer - Would be worried I wouldn't recognise him when I opened the door.

Most - Laird, looks like he needs a good meal

Least - Bilel, would need to hide the sharp objects

Most - Derrick Parker - so I could ask him why he missed that chance against Liverpool in'79. And again in the replay. Not that I hold grudges.

Least - Roy McDonough. Having just read his memoirs, would have to lock up daughters and wouldn't fancy the drinks bill.

Most - Benji to thank him for putting the ball in the Bury net.
Least - Ron Martin because he would insist on only using 3 sides of the table.

Back