• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting... He's a good player but he's woefully out of form. Perhaps we're moving for a better right winger, rather than a central midfielder who can play out wide if necessary?

Interesting... He's a good player but he's woefully out of form. Perhaps we're moving for a better right winger, rather than a central midfielder who can play out wide if necessary?

Don't make me laugh, one of the top 4 players in the team and Ron Martins ambition for the team is nil. Keep sticking up for the idiot and hiding the real reason we can't win many football games!

Don't make me laugh, one of the top 4 players in the team and Ron Martins ambition for the team is nil. Keep sticking up for the idiot and hiding the real reason we can't win many football games!

So, if we can't afford to sign him, you're lambasting RM for not signing him?

There's no logic in that whatsoever.

How do we know it's true? Has there been official confirmation?

The quote "Southend United pulled out of a deal to sign Josh Simpson on a permanent basis" seems to come from the lips of one Barry Fry.

And I still refuse to believe a single word that comes out of that fat judas ****'s mouth.

Simple hes got 2.5 years on his contract therefore commands a fee, therefore no deal. We havent played at home for 5 weeks, our finances must be up the swanny. Hence why I think Grant will go and maybe one or two others. Have heard rumours of a few prem clubs sniffing around Prosser and Zaaboub.

Simple hes got 2.5 years on his contract therefore commands a fee, therefore no deal.

I expect the bigger issue to be the 2.5 years on his league one contract than any transfer fee Peterborough are asking for, although it is Barry Fry so he probably is valuing him at half a million.

I asked the tweeter in question to name his source and he said it was his mate who told him!!!

That is such a misleading article. In the heading he quotes Fry, but at no point in that article or the Peterborough today Telegraph does Fry say that we have pulled out of signing Simpson... Correct me if I am wrong however...

To be fair though, I did find this on the Telegraph site. Barry Fry must also be a journalist these days:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/who_s_worth_what_et_valuations_of_the_top_posh_players_1_2199706

I love what he writes about Craig Mackail-Smith - he pretty much writes him off as being not good enough for the champsionship and is too old to improve, then rates him at £1.25 million!!!

To be fair though, I did find this on the Telegraph site. Barry Fry must also be a journalist these days:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/who_s_worth_what_et_valuations_of_the_top_posh_players_1_2199706

I love what he writes about Craig Mackail-Smith - he pretty much writes him off as being not good enough for the champsionship and is too old to improve, then rates him at £1.25 million!!!

That is hilarious; I'm assuming all those players are Man City targets?

back on topic, I'd be really dissapointed if we lose Simpson. Shame we've not seem him more in the middle with Grant; he's one of few players in the squad who can thread a decent pass. Definitely off-form, but definitely a good player at this level or league 1.

That is hilarious; I'm assuming all those players are Man City targets?

back on topic, I'd be really dissapointed if we lose Simpson. Shame we've not seem him more in the middle with Grant; he's one of few players in the squad who can thread a decent pass. Definitely off-form, but definitely a good player at this level or league 1.

agreed, Simpson has been the player that looks to get it down and play - right from the Aldershot game I was impressed with him. He is an essex boy and has always played his football in the east anglian vicinity, so would love to see him stay. The simple method of Webby filling the team with local lads, and Tilson follwing suit a generation later is probably lost on journeyman sturrock

Back