• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't fancy going to bury, wonder what the bid was worth, bet it was a cheeky 50k or something.

His family still up that way, his son's grave up that way - tough on him if that's kind of where his heart lies.

Can imagine he'd be tempted but would hope we can keep hold of him unless a big offer comes in. Exactly the kind of player we want and need at the club.

I'm sure the offer will be minimal.

150k and he'd be theirs and enable us to get another in on a free.

Well, I like Worrall - he adds a spark to the play at times ...... and the goal at Bury was wonderful of course. And his heroics away at Oldham were fabulous.

On the other side of the coin is the fact that Worrall seems to be a bit hit and miss at times ........ and if Hurst and McLaughlin were playing well then I would be resigned to the fact that Worrall may well be tempted to ask "the gaffer" if he could go.

So unless Brown has another winger lined up then I think we should say "thank you for showing interest in the player but please "do one". End of. You bell-ends. Fact."

They probably remember his free kick against them last season. He did play for them in the past. Would be tempted to take the money and let him go, I don't think he is particularly effective in Division One which is probably why Rotherham released him.

Me too, but he must feel that he gets left out from time to time. Wouldn't blame him in the least for following this up.

That is a factor in any professional footballers life isn't it? Unless you are a stupendous player that is. It were different in the old days of course when there only seemed to be 12 players at the club and only 1 sub allowed.

And when you are a winger, you know that there will be matches when you have no joy and nothing works even if you are quite good at it - such as Gower or JCR or Lingy say. And as a result you mighth be "given a rest". That's how it goes, isn't it?

That is a factor in any professional footballers life isn't it? Unless you are a stupendous player that is. It were different in the old days of course when there only seemed to be 12 players at the club and only 1 sub allowed.

And when you are a winger, you know that there will be matches when you have no joy and nothing works even if you are quite good at it - such as Gower or JCR or Lingy say. And as a result you mighth be "given a rest". That's how it goes, isn't it?

Good points.
I hope he stays and we play more games with two wingers. Worrall on the right, and Macca on the left, when he's fit, and Barnett on the end of the crosses. This also usually stops opposing full backs bombing forward like they have been lately. The trouble is that quite a few games Phil Brown picks no winger or just one winger. That diamond system is just not working for the players we have at the club.

Well, I like Worrall - he adds a spark to the play at times ...... and the goal at Bury was wonderful of course. And his heroics away at Oldham were fabulous.

On the other side of the coin is the fact that Worrall seems to be a bit hit and miss at times ........ and if Hurst and McLaughlin were playing well then I would be resigned to the fact that Worrall may well be tempted to ask "the gaffer" if he could go.

So unless Brown has another winger lined up then I think we should say "thank you for showing interest in the player but please "do one". End of. You bell-ends. Fact."
You must be joking, Worrall has more talent in his left bollock than Hurst and McLaughlin combined

Me too, but he must feel that he gets left out from time to time. Wouldn't blame him in the least for following this up.

If the rumours of Worrall hitting the sauce a bit too much are true then he can't have too many complaints about being left out

Like McLaughlin but Worrall is the best winger we have and I'll be very disappointed should he be allowed to go.

McLaughlin has been unlucky so far with his injuries and for me he is the best wide player we have. His delivery, including set pieces is better than Worrall or Coker. Both of them have been a real disappointment so far this season when it comes to crosses.

At Swindon on Saturday we never managed to provide one cross for Barnett to attack and we had plenty of opportunities to do so.

Apparently 1 goal comes ( as an average ) from every 10 crosses, so whatever our formation I can understand the benefit of at least trying to get that number in , especially with Tyrone waiting to pounce

Be a real blow to lose Wozza but I would understand him being keen to be close to his family at this time.

If he wants to go I don't think we should stand in his way. It's better to have a replacement that's fully devoted to the cause and firing that a player unhappy because he has been denied a move.

This is all presuming Wozza wants to take a step down to a club lower in the league (at the moment) with limited potential and who have been financially playing with fire for a couple of years.

If the rumours of Worrall hitting the sauce a bit too much are true then he can't have too many complaints about being left out

Depends how strong and reliable the rumours are. Timlin has been known to go for a drink before in Westcliff and Leigh, but is known to drink hardly anything. If the wrong person see's him tho, he could wrongly tell everyone that Timlin has hit the booze.
Some of the players have a night out in the town now and again as a group, but it doesn't mean they have all hit the bottle.

Depends how strong and reliable the rumours are. Timlin has been known to go for a drink before in Westcliff and Leigh, but is known to drink hardly anything. If the wrong person see's him tho, he could wrongly tell everyone that Timlin has hit the booze.
Some of the players have a night out in the town now and again as a group, but it doesn't mean they have all hit the bottle.

I've personally seen Worrall out absolutely hammered in the past and a friend of mine saw him out NYE off his tits. If it wasn't for this we'd have named an unchanged side for Donny.

I don't think it sends a good message to some other players i.e. McLaughlin when in that Donny game Worrall still comes on for the injured Atkinson after allegedly being punished for excessive drinking

I've personally seen Worrall out absolutely hammered in the past and a friend of mine saw him out NYE off his tits.
True. The sports bar in Hockley that he drinks in sponsor his shirt and in the Port Vale match programme Q&A a few months ago Adam Thompson was asked who the best darts player was; He said David Worrall, "because he seems to spend all his time in the pub - even on his days off!"

Back