• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will reserve judgement until I've seen him in a league game, but he sounds promising. Let's face it, the bar has been set pretty low with regards to the left back position this season so it wouldn't take much to improve on the standard!

To help him settle in Gilbert has offered to show him the sights of Southend --- starting with the Kursaal estate and then getting him to drive round town with "Dole Scum and Foreign People go Home" painted on the side of his car.

I wonder if he will go straight into the squad? Would be surprised, not sure how fit he is. But I am slightly wetting myself (and it's not normal urine) at the possibility of two attacking full backs.

I wonder if he will go straight into the squad? Would be surprised, not sure how fit he is. But I am slightly wetting myself (and it's not normal urine) at the possibility of two attacking full backs.

Id settle for two defenders who can defend.

Reeks of desperation. Anyone that went to the Braintree game will tell you he has the ability equal to that of an average Canvey Island player.

I think his long throw will be more of a weapon...Move over Delap.

Reeks of desperation. Anyone that went to the Braintree game will tell you he has the ability equal to that of an average Canvey Island player.

Really ?

Seem to be a few who dont share that :

I thought the trialist did well. Linked up good on the left with Martin (known as "Dartford Dave" according to the trialist's mum when they were both at Palace). Good going forward, pace, good left foot, pinged some decent passes, and a good long throw. Not really tested much defencively though. Been out for 2 years with a cruciate knee problem.

Trialist looked decent and not afraid to join in the attacks, much more promising than many who have trialled for us previously.

Can only echo the above, looked smart going forward, and linking with Martin (who talks to the other players a lot, telling Flood when to flick on and when to hold, telling Hills when to overlap, and when to hold, and when to pass and who to - hadn't noticed this before), Hills wasn't tested defensviely.

Watched him play last night you can see he has a lot of quality about him strong and quick with good passing short and long
would be ideal and the right time IMHO

I went to the game and thought his bombing up and down the wing was a breadth of fresh air compared to you know who. Obviously not fit but has got to be an improvement on Gilbsser!

Back