• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IF we are close to securing these latest recruits, and if Hendrie is also still a possibility, then I would not be surprised if a Sheffield United/Lenny deal is nearer that farther to being sealed.

Turner is a replacement for Thompson. You could also argue that Hendrie is a replacement for O'Neill. If we were signing a holding midfielder I'd understand that but not with a couple of defenders close to signing

Turner only came on the radar a day or 2 ago didn't he? Or was it today that CP mentioned us being interested in a Championship defender? Either way, means there's probably more to come.

Defender and Midfield from The Scottish Prem (Rangers are shipping out loads at the moment , inc Keirnan) and a Midfielder currently with a Championship club.

So no mention of Hendry.....
This article doesn't mention Turner either. So unless things have surprised us with Turner seemingly agreeing to join today, then it looks like we're trying to bring in Kiernan as well as Turner? Great news if true, we can't depend on Turner and Ferdinand to play 46 games a season, but half expect Kiernan to not be up for signing if we've got Ferdinand and Turner in.

Anyone know who the midfielder is?

This article doesn't mention Turner either. So unless things have surprised us with Turner seemingly agreeing to join today, then it looks like we're trying to bring in Kiernan as well as Turner? Great news if true, we can't depend on Turner and Ferdinand to play 46 games a season, but half expect Kiernan to not be up for signing if we've got Ferdinand and Turner in.

Anyone know who the midfielder is?

Scottish based AM? Harry Forrester will do!

Except none we are trying to sign plays in Lenny's position. One MF is a creative MF and the other a wide player.
So at this time it all indicates the opposite..

Kiernan can play in the Lenny role I believe?

Who's saying the creative midfielder isn't also a wide player? Think Forrester can play on both wings and in the middle.

I thought Forrester was more of a wide man ............ and Tims, whilst being out out wide at times, is for me a better player in the centre of midfield.

Forrester described by Rangers more as a winger. Sent to the naughty step by Rangers Manager who told him to pack his bags and leave , find himself another club and not come back according to news reports. This followed a further training ground episode. He was made to do extra training apparently? allegedly. The Rangers Manager is something of a strict disciplinarian and it seems Forrester did not live up to his standards on a couple of occasions, so maybe the Manager wanted more to make his mark with other players?

Banning Forrester from the training ground and telling him not to come back seems a bit harsh?

I would be very happy with that set of players should they sign for us.PB and RM im sure could have done a Bury and signed a dozen players by now if they so chose to do so, but what use is that if they arent an upgrade on what we already have. Be patient fellas and you maybe surprised.I myself want Quality not Quantity.:thumbsup::happy:

Keep seeing Kiernan and Forresters names mentioned, but not actually seen anything official or from Chris Phillips to say that these are the two that we are after!

Forrester described by Rangers more as a winger. Sent to the naughty step by Rangers Manager who told him to pack his bags and leave , find himself another club and not come back according to news reports. This followed a further training ground episode. He was made to do extra training apparently? allegedly. The Rangers Manager is something of a strict disciplinarian and it seems Forrester did not live up to his standards on a couple of occasions, so maybe the Manager wanted more to make his mark with other players?

Bring back Bilel Moshni :omg:

Hendrie will play a Atkinson role on the left wings & parther Coker & both know each another's games.

Back