• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues striker Ranger set to miss Shrewsbury clash due to curfew

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United striker Nile Ranger is set to miss tomorrow's clash at Shrewsbury Town due to the terms of his release from prison.

More...

Why not - it's in relation to his job, he's not asking to spend a night at the Sugar Hut?

Because part of the conditions for early release were that he had to abide by the curfew. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he was available as we really need the guy, but if anyone else had just come out of nick on the same terms then they wouldn't be allowed to travel with their job if it clashed with a curfew, so why should Nile because he is a footballer? Like I say, I really want him to play, and play well for Southend, but his stupidity put him in this situation in the first place.

Later...........and this post on another thread could mean that I'm talking out of my arse, apart from the Echo article saying he wasn't allowed. and I'm not. Either way he ain't going to Shrewsbury!

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...-Town-V-Southend-United&p=1993836#post1993836

It has been pointed out to me, that we are better placed than last season at this stage of the season, as if i should be grateful that we are not bottom. We have two centre backs who have not played yet, one Turner, god noes when he will be ready, AF looks like he could brake down anytime, Coker with a broken leg, no ones fault. RL playing, but would rather be somewhere else, Wordsworth, same as last year, Knightly now injured as well, and to top it all we have forward who cant play in the evenings. You cant make this stuff up.

It has been pointed out to me, that we are better placed than last season at this stage of the season, as if i should be grateful that we are not bottom. We have two centre backs who have not played yet, one Turner, god noes when he will be ready, AF looks like he could brake down anytime, Coker with a broken leg, no ones fault. RL playing, but would rather be somewhere else, Wordsworth, same as last year, Knightly now injured as well, and to top it all we have forward who cant play in the evenings. You cant make this stuff up.

Apart from that everything's fine, Lol.
I actually think our season will start properly against Northampton.

Apart from that everything's fine, Lol.
I actually think our season will start properly against Northampton.

Reckon we could lose that one if we're not careful. They have Jimmy Floyd in charge who I rate at this level, if they win tonight and we lose all of the momentum is with them regardless of whether we are a better side or not.

Because part of the conditions for early release were that he had to abide by the curfew. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he was available as we really need the guy, but if anyone else had just come out of nick on the same terms then they wouldn't be allowed to travel with their job if it clashed with a curfew, so why should Nile because he is a footballer? Like I say, I really want him to play, and play well for Southend, but his stupidity put him in this situation in the first place.

Later...........and this post on another thread could mean that I'm talking out of my arse, apart from the Echo article saying he wasn't allowed. and I'm not. Either way he ain't going to Shrewsbury!

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...-Town-V-Southend-United&p=1993836#post1993836

I was put on a curfew when released from prison a few years ago and I got a job working nights at Tesco - I was told at the time that a curfew would not interfere with work - I wonder if things have changed?

You said there shouldn't be any special dispensation though and I disagree (and this isn't just in reference to Nile) because surely if they have a job they need to do, shouldn't they let people do this? Seems bonkers to prevent that

Does Nile's curfew mean one could stand outside his house throwing chips at the window after 7pm without risking a kicking?

Asking for a friend.

You said there shouldn't be any special dispensation though and I disagree (and this isn't just in reference to Nile) because surely if they have a job they need to do, shouldn't they let people do this? Seems bonkers to prevent that

Judging by the other post I quoted you may well be right. My opinion was based on what I thought was the process rather than what it actually is, so I'm happy to retract on that basis.

Back