• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues trigger year long clause in Cox's contract

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United have triggered a year long clause in Simon Cox's contract, keeping the striker at the club until the end of the 2019/20 season.

More...

Great news, gets better every season for us, could end up close to 20 goals by end of season, I hope humprys is the man to go along side him and produce the goods very soon.

Yep, a winning move for me. If everyone offered up as much effort as Coxy does in a game I'm convinced there would be more points on our board.

Maybe he will start showing his face in The Benfleet Tavern now that he is one of us locals.

Great news, gets better every season for us, could end up close to 20 goals by end of season, I hope humprys is the man to go along side him and produce the goods very soon.

Agreed, me too. I fear that Cox and Humphrys aren’t the issue - our lack of midfield creativity is. Kights and McLaughlin are the only fit(ish) proper first team midfielders who have the creative ability but they just do not seem to have been able to show it this season. They have had the chances and we have looked badly exposed when they have played because they do not do the defensive work at all and haven’t been able to add anything like enough going forward.

Most talented forward we've had for years...just a shame the current team aren't up to his standard.One of the few at present putting in a proper shift every game.

Surprised the nay sayers haven't taken this thread by storm. Never have I know a player to be so polarising of supporters opinions as was Cox at the end of last season.

His effort speaks for itself. The closest we have to a captain right now in that team.

Quite possibly the best technical player we’ve ever had. Just wish a couple others were on his wavelength

Honestly think he gets in any side in this division

so for next season we have Hopper, Cox and Humphreys all signed up with Kelman waiting in the wings. not too shabby

Great news!

Coxy should be team captain, and next season maybe him in a creative central midfield position, alongside a rejuvenated Dru with Hopper and Humphrys up front - great! Then they just need to sort out the rest of the team...

Back