• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues TV season pass

I really think that we should adapt our Club badge to have "scimus enim stercore et nos sumus" underneath the Shrimp

So for Us Overseas Shrimpers there will be no live matches apart from the three?? BT televised shows with a 1715 ko. AND For our £45 annual fee we will get ten minutes highlights a day or two after the event . Not very encouraging and not much effort on behalf of THE CLUB to extract a few shekels from us either.
Compared with enduring every match last season all in glorious "pubuskickaboutusscope"

Am I correct ??

☹️☹️

I suspect there is something with the national league broadcast rights that causes an issue for those overseas - could be worth someone digging in to try and find out where those are owned for non-UK broadcast.

I have been in contact with Barna over this issue as we have the same problem but on different sides of the Pyrénées. Unlike Barna I cancelled my ifollow subscription within the tme they sugested. I was interested in seeing the games live and am not really bothered about video interviews with PB or the players. I am waiting to see what materialises. If the commentaries will be available live on BBC Essex I will sadly settle for that. If the club could provide a service of live streaming for home games (BTsport permitting!) I would certainly be interested in re-subscribing for that. I suppose I'm just playing a game of 'wait and see' for the moment.

I have been in contact with Barna over this issue as we have the same problem but on different sides of the Pyrénées. Unlike Barna I cancelled my ifollow subscription within the tme they sugested. I was interested in seeing the games live and am not really bothered about video interviews with PB or the players. I am waiting to see what materialises. If the commentaries will be available live on BBC Essex I will sadly settle for that. If the club could provide a service of live streaming for home games (BTsport permitting!) I would certainly be interested in re-subscribing for that. I suppose I'm just playing a game of 'wait and see' for the moment.

Think you'll have to go down the VPN route for that Yogi unless you too want to sign up to Blues TV!. Though I am wondering if part of the delay for getting Blues TV up and running is some sort of rights issue over midweek ie Tueday games.Clearly the NL owns the rights to all Sat.games.

I still find it incredible that a camera cant be stuck somewhere and make money from people streaming.

If its rights, why doesnt bt sport do it for every game. Its non league ffs not the prem.

Or do bt sport think people are going to subscribe just to watch 2 or 3 games of football...

Will have to wait to see if the Beeb continue as per last few seasons; but in the UK at least, non-league commentaries are free on match days.
It all depends if the local BBC affiliate is covering, but can't see Essex going anywhere else: Col U is surely the only other option.
BT Sport have the exclusive deal to show non-league, and apart from their designated live matches, there are no other matches shown live.
Highlights are shown a day later on BT and also free on the Vanarama National League site.
So, apart from interviews etc, can't see what else Blues TV has to offer?

Last edited:
I didn't mention earlier that I did a test at the end of last season. IIRC I was able to get live BBC commentary from both sides of the play-off semi-finals, here in France. I listened into Notts County against Chesterfield and if you have access to the play-off semi-finals, there should surely be a good chance ordinary league games will be available??? This would tend to confirm what CP'sM says above.

I still find it incredible that a camera cant be stuck somewhere and make money from people streaming.

If its rights, why doesnt bt sport do it for every game. Its non league ffs not the prem.

Or do bt sport think people are going to subscribe just to watch 2 or 3 games of football...
Isn't it against the law to broadcast 3pm Saturday matches in the UK? I know they lifted it during Covid but I think that was just whilst fans couldn't attend in person, I think it's back in place next season.

Isn't it against the law to broadcast 3pm Saturday matches in the UK? I know they lifted it during Covid but I think that was just whilst fans couldn't attend in person, I think it's back in place next season.
Then the law sir, is an ***.

Again its non league not the prem, i understand the prem doing that as they want to flog it to the pubs to get people in.

Cant see many people gagging to watch kings lynn vs solihull moors,

Maybe 500 overseas and exiles? 500 @ tenner a go l, 5k income x how many games.

Unless I have missed a thread there is a deafening silence on the plight of us exiles.
with the prospect of no live matches.
Brentford send down "a crew" to The Hall and stream the match live to all and sundry.

Think Mr CEO how those tenners could add up if you used some ingenuity and employed
our own crew to televise the matches.
Fxxx. BT and their and their carve up with SKY !!!!

Unless I have missed a thread there is a deafening silence on the plight of us exiles.
with the prospect of no live matches.
Brentford send down "a crew" to The Hall and stream the match live to all and sundry.

Think Mr CEO how those tenners could add up if you used some ingenuity and employed
our own crew to televise the matches.
Fxxx. BT and their and their carve up with SKY !!!!
Exactly the sprt of situation where a CEO could use a bit of nous and sort something out and help to justify his position, which at the moment looks like an expensive luxury we could do without.

it amazed me last night that Brentford streaming for free on YouTube. If Southend would have announced it was even £12 (so more expensive than an on the doors live ticket) i would have paid it. Saves me time and petrol money. its all loss revenue and I can't work out why they don't tap into things like that

Back