• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
If I were you I'd get yourself along tomorrow evening as it promises to be a real cracker!

Why am I so sure?

Well I'm not going, that's why! It's not that I just can't go - there's usually at least one game per season which for various family/work reasons I can't attend.

No, tomorrow night I've made the conscious decision not to attend. I went to the two league games in the last week (as I'm a STH) and came away bitterly disappointed that we're not as competitive this season as last - mainly due to the loss of key central midfielders that have not been replaced (Grant, Ferdinand, Kalala and Sawyer out and only Spicer in).

This lack of investment in the key spine of the team has meant that I don't want to invest any extra cash in watching the same bunch of players as Saturday toil and struggle against what should be inferior opposition.

So why am I so sure it will be a cracker?

Well the only two home games I have previously CONSCIOUSLY decided not to go to are as follows:

16/10/1993 Southend 6-1 Oxford
6/11/1990 Southend 10-1 Aldershot

Therefore it's bound to be another cracker tomorrow night that I'll be kicking myself for missing!

If I were you I'd get yourself along tomorrow evening as it promises to be a real cracker!

Why am I so sure?

Well I'm not going, that's why! It's not that I just can't go - there's usually at least one game per season which for various family/work reasons I can't attend.

No, tomorrow night I've made the conscious decision not to attend. I went to the two league games in the last week (as I'm a STH) and came away bitterly disappointed that we're not as competitive this season as last - mainly due to the loss of key central midfielders that have not been replaced (Grant, Ferdinand, Kalala and Sawyer out and only Spicer in).

This lack of investment in the key spine of the team has meant that I don't want to invest any extra cash in watching the same bunch of players as Saturday toil and struggle against what should be inferior opposition.

So why am I so sure it will be a cracker?

Well the only two home games I have previously CONSCIOUSLY decided not to go to are as follows:

16/10/1993 Southend 6-1 Oxford
6/11/1990 Southend 10-1 Aldershot

Therefore it's bound to be another cracker tomorrow night that I'll be kicking myself for missing!

There really isn't much choice though is there ?
I think the players and Sturrock are doing their best in really difficult circumstances , so I would have thought your support is needed even more right now.
I can understand the 'floating' fans not going to a JPT game , but odd as a STH you have decided not to go ?
Hope Eastenders is good

As someone who can't go I'm very envious of anyone who can, so to read someone who has clearly been a dedicated supporter deliberately not attend a game, well, it saddens me.

There really isn't much choice though is there ?

I agree that they're doing the best they can with what they've got, however my issue is with the chairman who is selling off assets without replacing them, has acted as a poor steward of resources meaning we're placed under embargo and so can't even bring in loan players.

I think STHs will vote with their feet on the games they have to pay for (like tomorrow night). Had it been a league game I'd have probably been there, but the drive from Chelmsford straight after work, plus the additional cost of tickets for me and my son means that we're not going to go.

I'm actually choosing to go out somewhere else instead so I won't just be moping around at home (and certainly wouldn't be watching Eastenders!)

I'd make as many changes and use as many kids as possible tomorrow night. What is the rule with regards to that?

We cannot afford for Timlin to pick up another yellow and suspension for Saturday. He must sit it out.

We need a win to boost the confidence. However I am certainly not expecting one. A sign of how things are down here at present.

I'd make as many changes and use as many kids as possible tomorrow night. What is the rule with regards to that?

We cannot afford for Timlin to pick up another yellow and suspension for Saturday. He must sit it out.

We need a win to boost the confidence. However I am certainly not expecting one. A sign of how things are down here at present.

We have to name at least 6 of the last starting line up or out 6 players with the most apps. I think!!

We have to name at least 6 of the last starting line up or out 6 players with the most apps. I think!!

I think that is it. Line-up v Wombles below:

Smith, Clohessy, Phillips, Cresswell, Prosser, Leonard, Spicer, Timlin, Straker (Benyon 70), Assombalonga (Harris 70), Tomlin (Barker 79)

So the 6 would be: Smith, Cresswell, Prosser, Clohessy, Straker and Assombalonga for me. Let Timlin sit out if poss.

Smith

Clohessy Barker Cresswell Prosser

Tomlin Woodyard Hurst Straker

Assombalonga
Eastwood

Timlin shouldn't be played and I'd rather see Bentley play than Smith for one game. Just to give him more exp.

Bentley, Cresswell, Prosser, Leonard, Straker, Woodyard, Tomlin, Hurst, Benyon, Assombalonga, Njie.

as daggers have picked up a bit of form of late im going for a 2-2 draw and it going to pens.

Timlin shouldn't be played and I'd rather see Bentley play than Smith for one game. Just to give him more exp.

Bentley, Cresswell, Prosser, Leonard, Straker, Woodyard, Tomlin, Hurst, Benyon, Assombalonga, Njie.

Not possible. See the rule above.

I agree that they're doing the best they can with what they've got, however my issue is with the chairman who is selling off assets without replacing them, has acted as a poor steward of resources meaning we're placed under embargo and so can't even bring in loan players.

I think STHs will vote with their feet on the games they have to pay for (like tomorrow night). Had it been a league game I'd have probably been there, but the drive from Chelmsford straight after work, plus the additional cost of tickets for me and my son means that we're not going to go.

I'm actually choosing to go out somewhere else instead so I won't just be moping around at home (and certainly wouldn't be watching Eastenders!)

One thing you can't blame the club for is the ticket pricing. £7 for the two of you.

There could be any number of reasons why Daggers at home (again) in the JPT is not an attraction but cost of tickets is not one of them !

Bentley
Clohessy - Coughlan - Prosser - Straker
Tomlin - Hurst - Woodyard - Martin
Njie - Assombalonga

Subs: Smith - Barker - Cresswell - Benyon - Eastwood

Personal preference but then again "we are taking this competition seriously this year". :unsure:

Back 4 the same, martin in for straker, woodyard in for timlin. Nije up front with Tomlin. Need britt for saturday.

i think the fans will show us how seriously we are gonna take this one, about 3,800 in total and no more:nope:

Think Timlin should definitely miss this, also not sure how Freddy would be with a 3rd match on top of two 90 minutes in the last 8 days. Perhaps drop him to the bench?

Back