• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry, probably been discussed on this site before but I would like to know.
Worth the money?
Which tariff choice (three offered)?
Do you need Broadband to make it work properly?

My main reason for getting it would be to se the video highlights. Do they just show the goals? Do they show home and away matches? All of them?

Do you only get access to Southend matches?

Would appreciate some guidance here? Thanks.

I've signed up for it, and it's only let me down once. That was for the Scarborough replay
mad.gif

The commentary can be a bit jumpy sometimes, but seems to work ok, and thats with a particularly low dial up speed.

The replays I dont usually bother with, so can only comment on the few I've downloaded. They vary in quality, some are quite good, others are, well, not!

You can listen to matches from other teams too, should you want too
rock.gif
(I'll assume thats so you can laugh at Col ewe/Borient losing)

I'd say its worth the money for the commentary if you live too far from Southend, but it's not perfect

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ April 21 2004,22:50)]Sorry, probably been discussed on this site before but I would like to know.
Worth the money?
Which tariff choice (three offered)?
Do you need Broadband to make it work properly?

My main reason for getting it would be to se the video highlights. Do they just show the goals? Do they show home and away matches? All of them?

Do you only get access to Southend matches?

Would appreciate some guidance here? Thanks.
Hi SS,

Just joined Blues World on the £5 'till the end of the season thingy. Only have a 56K modem, (Broadband? up here we are lucky it's not still tin cans and string!) but I get the Radio Essex commentary reasonably OK. Against Northampton it would go for a couple of seconds occasionaly, but the Hull game came thro' with no bother. The video highlights are postage stamp sized and mainly the goals but still nice to see.

I don't understand your question about which matches you get - surely you would only want to listen to the Blues?
biggrin.gif

But as it happens I think you can access any commentary.

I thought it was worth the £5 to check it out in person.

HTH

A certain person ,who shall remain nameless,lent me his coverage when he is not using it.It is great if you can't get to games.like stated in an earlier post it does miss for a couple of seconds then come back.The only moan i have is that people in the uk are getting the feed about a minute before me so i get to see people type about things before i hear them.On the whole it is great and i will subscribe next year for the radio commentary only.when you enter the commentary screen it gives you options of which game you want to listen to and which reporters you want to hear either southend or the other teams as well as many other games from all over the uk.

Having used the service for a while, I would say that the after sales is absolutely f**king cr*p. "If you have a problem... tough sh*t... it ain't our problem" seems to be the attitude.

I use broadband, so you'll have to take the feedback from some of the above posts for that side of things.

Other games available.

Replays show mainly goals only and are pretty cr*p quality.

Some don't work at all.

Commentary is usually good-to-fair... but one or two users have had massive problems.

Am I happy with the overall service?

No I am not.

Will I sign up again?

Probably yes!
sad.gif

Why? Coz they've got exiled supporters who are desperate fopr a bit of the action by the short and curlies... that's why.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ April 22 2004,02:52)]The only moan i have is that people in the uk are getting the feed about a minute before me so i get to see people type about things before i hear them.
You think you've got problems with that?
rock.gif
I'm still listening to the first leg of the LDV semi

Back