• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blur vs Oasis

Let's battle like it's 1996

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
Simple...no "Bart" or biscuits options.

Northern monkeys or southern softies?

"Let's battle like it's 1996"

If you had asked me then, I'd have gone for Oasis, no question. But I've grown up now. Blur. Comfortably.

Definitely Maybe/Morning Glory are stone cold classics - have to agree that the rest of their output was patchy to say the least.

Blur did some great tunes, however I never got into their albums (bar Modern Life...) as much. I just can't vote against Oasis!

It was always Blur. Having said that, and I know this is a strange thing for a Southend fan to say but why set the bar so low? It was always more Bucks Fizz vs Black Lace than Beatles v Stones in reality. Oasis weren't even a decent pub band once they started shedding original members and David Cameron would look more convincing than Blur in a Harrington. As for Pulp...one good single. This is all making the 90's look like a horror show.

It was always Blur. Having said that, and I know this is a strange thing for a Southend fan to say but why set the bar so low? It was always more Bucks Fizz vs Black Lace than Beatles v Stones in reality. Oasis weren't even a decent pub band once they started shedding original members and David Cameron would look more convincing than Blur in a Harrington. As for Pulp...one good single. This is all making the 90's look like a horror show.

Ok, it wasn't the original question but **** it. Suede were better than all of them.

The very best Oasis songs were better than the very best Blur songs.

The thing is there aren't many very good Oasis songs.

So many Britpop bands in the 90's to choose from. I do like a bit of Ash or Sleeper as well as The Divine Comedy and a bit of Bis and Mansun

We need a non britpop thread. So many forgotten bands, like Presidents of America and Smashmouth. Has got me reminiscing now

Back