• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BMW 1 series

My inlaws had a nearly-new Hyundai for 3 months before selling it and getting a VW. I think while they fill them with kit and they look excellent value for money, their engines are relatively underpowered, and a lot of the elements lack refinement (suspension, road noise etc), now for some people that's fine and so a Hyundai (or Skoda, for example) are terrific value for money. However, some people are willing to pay more.

My missus has a brand new Skoda Fabia and it's a superb car, well kitted out and excellent value for money, however my Golf (and the Polo we test drove drove) are just better in multiple ways, and so it depends on what's important and what your budget is.

Having said that, I've very tempted to maybe trade in the Golf next year for the new Skoda Kodiaq, which looks excellent on paper in terms of performance, price and style. Part of me doesn't want to be a single-brand household though!

Regarding the BMW 1-series, never really been a fan of the styling, and as Hitman says, they seem a bit girly.

I used to do a late shift every now and again whioch meant that I get a car take me home from London to Wiockford. One week I had 2 new E class's, a 10 years old S class with new suspension and a new Skoda superb. The drivers do the same routes which include streets full of pot holes. From a passenger perspective the order of comfort was - S class, Superb, and then E class. The Superb handeled the pot holes far better than the E class had the most footroom. I was massively impressed by it . The estate looks really good, certainly better than a 5 series IMO (and i'm a BM fan ).

No idea about the car but as a BMW driver you will now no longer need those pesky indicators and you will be at liberty to drive really close to the car in front on dual carriageways :winking:

No idea about the car but as a BMW driver you will now no longer need those pesky indicators and you will be at liberty to drive really close to the car in front on dual carriageways :winking:

I don't think BMW drivers are any worse than anyone else. I happen to use my indicators and see plenty of people in other makes of cars that don't.

Back