• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
I thought my fellow anti-BNP friends would enjoy my friends take on BNP and UKIP leaflets for the Euro-Elections:

"This evening as I settle down to more work, I choose to not not respond to the provocation of European election flyers from the UK Independence Party and the British National Party.

Tragically, since Britain's entire political class has just been caught with their hands in the till, UKIP and the BNP look set to become the deeply unworthy beneficiaries of the expenses scandal.

So flyer 1 from the BNP. The text is the same old stuff though I note they have actually borrowed their main tag line from the Tories 2005 campaign: "Because it's not racist to oppose mass immigration and political correctness - it's common sense!"

Are you thinking what they're thinking? Are you hating what they're hating?

At the top is a banner declaring 'The NEW Battle for Britain', complete with a picture of a Spitfire fighter plane.

What makes this is interesting is:

1) Fun fact - A very large number of RAF Spitfires were piloted in the Battle of Britain by immigrants, particularly from Eastern Europe, including 145 Poles, 88 Czechs, a Jamaican and a Palestinian. The British victory was a testament to the contribution made by immigrants, and specifically asylum-seekers, to Britain.

Hilariously - the photo in the picture selected by the BNP is of an actual Polish-commandeered plane, with the insignia of the Polish squadron. How utterly, totally perfect is that?

How could their fail possibly exceed this?

2) Also, in the war between Britain and Nazi Germany, the official BNP line is that Britain was in the wrong, a point of view they prefer not to bring up. Being neo-Nazis, their ideology comes from the other side of that conflict.

So far I have spared the somewhat less malevolent UKIP, so let's head over to them.

Their flyer has a picture of Winston Churchill declaring victory on it, with the tag line 'Say NO to European Union'.

Churchill as an image of opposition to the EU. Well done, if you've already guessed where this is going...

This is what Churchill himself had to say on the subject, speaking in 1946:

'And what is the plight to which Europe has been reduced? Some of the smaller States have indeed made a good recovery, but over wide areas a vast quivering mass of tormented, hungry, care-worn and bewildered human beings gape at the ruins of their cities and their homes, and scan the dark horizons for the approach of some new peril, tyranny or terror...

'Yet all the while there is a remedy which, if it were generally and spontaneously adopted by the great majority of people in many lands, would as if by a miracle transform the whole scene, and would in a few years make all Europe, or the greater part of it, as free and as happy as Switzerland is to-day. What is this sovereign remedy? It is to re-create the European Family, or as much of it as we can, and to provide it with a structure under which it can dwell in peace, in safety and in freedom. We must build a kind of United States of Europe.'

He goes on to praise efforts to create a "Pan-European Union" and concludes: "Therefore, I say to you, let Europe arise!"

Full text here. I'm not a Churchill fan, but this is worth a look:
http://www.europa-web.de/europa/02wwswww/202histo/churchil.htm

Some days, they just make things easy, and for that I am grateful to them.

:D Hope you enjoyed as much as I did...

Excellent stuff! nice to see their researchers are on the same intellect level as their leader.

What area was this in, by the way?

A very large number of RAF Spitfires were piloted in the Battle of Britain by immigrants, particularly from Eastern Europe, including 145 Poles, 88 Czechs, a Jamaican and a Palestinian. The British victory was a testament to the contribution made by immigrants, and specifically asylum-seekers, to Britain.

This has come up before and people slant it so much as to give the impression that the British pilots were simply making up the numbers and if it wasnt for these people we would never have won the war.
It might also be worth pointing out that most of these pilots were from countries that had already been defeated and to imply they were fighting for Britain is not strictly true as they were fighting more specifically against the Germans. Do you think if their countries had not been involved in the war thye would have been rushing over here to help out?

Now i'm not knocking them at all, but lets try and remember the vast majority of pilots in these planes were British.

correct steveo, if the polish could have managed it themselves then there would have been no need for us to step in

Now i'm not knocking them at all, but lets try and remember the vast majority of pilots in these planes were British.

Totally agree, the British forces were truely amazing, I just think certain people should remember they didn't go it alone.

correct steveo, if the polish could have managed it themselves then there would have been no need for us to step in

Yes, probably wouldnt have had much joy against the ME109's with these:
pb0205

It's pretty shameful that our way of thanking the Poles for their war efforts was to acquiesce to the Soviet theft of their territory and the forced resettlement of so many of their citizens. Hadn't they already suffered enough?

I gather that Trueblue is banned for a change. Will any other poster step up to defend the staggering stupidity of these parties?

This has been posted on another thread by chadded (Source: The Sun) but I think it just goes to show the claim the BNP speaks for the common man is a load of cr*p:

'ANGRY Joanna Lumley last night blasted a British National Party leaflet targeting a heroic Gurkha recently killed in action.
The Ab Fab star branded as “disgusting” the racist party’s use of a picture of Corporal Kumar Pun with a cross through it.
Thousands of the hate-filled leaflets also demand: “Stop this illegal Gurkha immigration.”
They were issued by teacher Adam Walker, a BNP candidate in next month’s European elections.
His party warns of “Gurkha ghettos” if the Nepalese fighters win the right to settle here.
Joanna, 63, said: “The use of a brave British Army Gurkha’s photograph as part of their political campaign is disgusting, especially as he has not yet been buried. A vote for the BNP is a vote against all Gurkhas, against honour, sacrifice, duty and courage.”
Joanna yelled their war cry “Ayo Gorkhali” — “The Gurkhas are coming — outside the House of Commons last month after MPs backed her bid to let all Gurkhas who served in the British Army live here.
Ministers ruled last week that Corporal Kumar’s widow and two daughters can stay in Britain.
But in his leaflet for the European elections, Mr Walker, of Durham, uses scare tactics to demand they are sent packing.
It reads: “The Government would allow over half a million Gurkhas into this country. This will swamp our local housing and the NHS as most Gurkhas are elderly. They would contribute nothing.”
Last night a spokesman for the anti-racist group Searchlight said: “For the BNP to slur the memory of a serviceman who has laid down his life for his country is sick beyond belief.”
Sedgefield Labour MP Phil Wilson added: “This leaflet just shows what the BNP stand for. I was shocked. I didn’t think that even this party would go that far. It’s an absolute disgrace.
Gordon Brown has promised to review Gurkhas’ rights after a campaign led by Joanna, whose father fought with the brigade. About 36,000 have been denied UK residency despite being prepared to die for the country.
BNP leader Nick Griffin warned of “Gurkha ghettos” and vowed to remove all non-serving Gurkhas.
Technology teacher Mr Walker, 39, left Houghton Kepier Sports College in Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne and Wear, in 2007.
He is being investigated over claims he used a school laptop in lessons to contribute racist views to online chats.'

FAIL!!

Maybe it's just me, but our immigration policy doesnt work and hasnt for a number of years.
Attacking the more BNP / UKIP / English democrats won't change that fact.

Maybe it's just me, but our immigration policy doesnt work and hasnt for a number of years.

A lot of out immigration policy is governed by our membership of the EU. What would you suggest that hasn't already been implemented (especially now we have a points system and Britsh passports are no longer being handed out like sweets.)

And to make a more balanced argument, perhaps we should be given the information from the Labour/Libs/Conservative leaflets as well.

It's pretty shameful that our way of thanking the Poles for their war efforts was to acquiesce to the Soviet theft of their territory and the forced resettlement of so many of their citizens. Hadn't they already suffered enough?
QUOTE]

As Steveo has already said though....they were fighting against a common enemy, and at the time we were pretty much the only ones around they could have diverted their war efforts towards. Their efforts were no doubt valiant, but to portray them as free willed, freedom fighters who wanted to fight the good cause of Great Britain is surely misleading?

I will be putting my cross firmly in the UKIP box on June 4th. I find it very unsavory that 75% of laws and policy are made in the EU while 645 sitting MP's in Westminster have less and less to contribute to the running of our own country and seem quite happy with the situation while ******* as much out of the system as possible.

And before someone decides to point out the obvious, I know that the EU is even more bent than our lot but at least we could do something about that by getting out and returning to the way that Churchill really did wish for, a free trading partner.

The French coward De Gaulle did his damnedest to keep us out of the original Common Market, pity we didn't take the hint.

QUOTE]

As Steveo has already said though....they were fighting against a common enemy, and at the time we were pretty much the only ones around they could have diverted their war efforts towards. Their efforts were no doubt valiant, but to portray them as free willed, freedom fighters who wanted to fight the good cause of Great Britain is surely misleading?

I don't think the Germans managed to get to Jamaica ;)

A lot of out immigration policy is governed by our membership of the EU. What would you suggest that hasn't already been implemented (especially now we have a points system and Britsh passports are no longer being handed out like sweets.)

Personally I'd leave Europe and self determine uk immigration policy (not just for this reason), I'd also have a total ban on Asylum seekers.
I would only promote entry whereby we have a need either professionally and / or technically and certainly not at the expense of British graduates.
By your own admission UK passports were being handed out like sweets and there is no doubt that the system has been abused, a mess which still hasnt been sorted out.

Why do we need to protect UK graduates?

This should be one of the groups best equipped to succeed in a global economy.

Back