• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BNP In your area!

Something to do with the BNP....Barking and Dagenham.

I saw on BBC London last week that Nick Griffin was going for MP of B&D, but didn't he get elected as MEP for a constituency up north, last year? I thought that he would go for MP there and couldn't in Barking? Bit confused, could someone clear this up for me?

Its a sign From hope , turn away from hate you have Cable street Vince Cable VOTE LIB DEM !!! :D

Hate ? Hate leads to fear , fear leads to anger and anger the dark side , you never watched Star Wars ? Always ends badly i find ;)

This won't win me many friends from the more right-wing minded people on here, we'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

However at a local election a few years ago a BNP candidate knocked at my door. At the time I'd just had my hair shaved and was wearing an England shirt. I should imagine he thought he had knocked at the right door when I opened it, his face lit up when he saw me. Just shows you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover eh? I told him to f**k off my property and if he or any of his cronies knocked on my door again I'd call the police to have them removed.

Looking back the rage inside me must have made me brave or stupid because he had a couple of menacing goons minding him who would have chewed me up and spat me out if they wanted to. However they did just turn around and walk away as I shouted out something along the lines of "You're a ****ing disgrace" to them.

Now, some of the people on here who are more right of centre I get on with very well with. True Blue and I have a good bit of banter on Facebook and he's a good lad, I jokingly said to him on there the other day that if he came to Oz for the Ashes I'd put him up and we'd go and get ****ed in Brisbane together....and I meant every word. So it's not a case of making enemies or falling out with each other over this. However I have very strong views on this and won't waver from them, so as I said we'll have to agree to disagree.

This won't win me many friends from the more right-wing minded people on here, we'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

However at a local election a few years ago a BNP candidate knocked at my door. At the time I'd just had my hair shaved and was wearing an England shirt. I should imagine he thought he had knocked at the right door when I opened it, his face lit up when he saw me. Just shows you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover eh? I told him to f**k off my property and if he or any of his cronies knocked on my door again I'd call the police to have them removed.

Looking back the rage inside me must have made me brave or stupid because he had a couple of menacing goons minding him who would have chewed me up and spat me out if they wanted to. However they did just turn around and walk away as I shouted out something along the lines of "You're a ****ing disgrace" to them.

Now, some of the people on here who are more right of centre I get on with very well with. True Blue and I have a good bit of banter on Facebook and he's a good lad, I jokingly said to him on there the other day that if he came to Oz for the Ashes I'd put him up and we'd go and get ****ed in Brisbane together....and I meant every word. So it's not a case of making enemies or falling out with each other over this. However I have very strong views on this and won't waver from them, so as I said we'll have to agree to disagree.

Exactly mate different political views holds no boundarys in friendship.

If BNP could bring themselves more towards the centre then more people would take them seriously for me though UKIP is ideally placed for my views.

So without him saying ANYTHING, you told him to **** off, threaten to call the police and told him he was a ****ing disgrace.

I can understand you disliking them and their views, but that is not exactly exuding the tolerance I presume you would rather they showed. If they had been abusive / aggressive then fair enough, but for you to be so aggressive and abusive towards them just for their political views seems to bring you down to their level somewhat.....

One thing that annoys me is the people who don't give the BNP a platform they are a LEGITIMATE political party with thousands of members you may not agree with all their views but they have every right to be heard as much as any liberal

One thing that annoys me is the people who don't give the BNP a platform they are a LEGITIMATE political party with thousands of members you may not agree with all their views but they have every right to be heard as much as any liberal

They do get a platform though, more so than any other stark-raving mental fringe party. I've not seen any of the far-left parties on Question Time this year.

I thought the BNP were canvassing at Benfleet train station the other day but it turned out to be West Ham fans on their way to a match.

So without him saying ANYTHING, you told him to **** off, threaten to call the police and told him he was a ****ing disgrace.

I can understand you disliking them and their views, but that is not exactly exuding the tolerance I presume you would rather they showed. If they had been abusive / aggressive then fair enough, but for you to be so aggressive and abusive towards them just for their political views seems to bring you down to their level somewhat.....

Well, I didn't give you the full blow by blow account of the conversation - maybe I should have. In fact he introduced himself as the candidate for the BNP and said something along the likes of "standing to represent people like yourself". That's what made me lose my rag, how dare he assume just by looking at me that his views represented mine?

In fairness, yes, I did sink to his level. But then you know what, the reason they get half the platform they do is because of wish-washy liberals. Instead of politely telling him to leave and going on a march or writing a letter to the paper to protest I spoke to him in a language he understood. Perhaps if more people made them unwelcome in a forthright manner then they may be less likely to be out and about.

To be fair Scott, Matt has just posted an article quoting a BNP MEP directly.

That's why I support letting them have their say in the press, let people make their own minds up based on what they say. Then people can either vote for them in full knowledge of their beliefs or, like myself, tell them to **** off - that's democracy.

BNP have some good values but simply neglect too many of the more important issues in society. End of IMO.

Back