• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ouch! too young. he was marxist and spoke loudly but sometimes his views were very right; for example the fight to save ticket offices and man stations. No-one should rejoice at his death even if they don't like his politics.

Wow, that came of of the blue. What a shock.

Just mentioned it to people at work, and one of them just replied, "Has Boris got an alibi?"

To balance things up, here's some quotes from Boris:

"Bob fought tirelessly for his beliefs and for his members.

"There can be absolutely no doubt that he played a big part in the success of the Tube, and he shared my goal to make transport in London an even greater success.

"It's a sad day."

Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy!

I wish there was a better way for me to have registered my utter contempt for him, but sadly there isn't.

Enjoy the pitch forks in the flames of hell, Bob!

Bit like this really.....http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...gie-Thatcher&p=1515184&viewfull=1#post1515184

Or LF's "Ding dong the witch is dead" video when Maggie passed along.

I feel about the same levels of contempt and happiness for Bob Crows death. Sorry, it's a fact.

It would be easy to celebrate his passing but as he never really achieved anything other than threaten strikes and try and cause disruption to millions whilst sitting back enjoying his 145 grand a year salary, I don't suppose many will notice him gone.

Feel sorry for his folks, its always sad to lose a family member especially at this relatively young age. Luckily he probably has a big fat private pension to soften the blow so they can carry on living in his 3 bedroom council house.

Yep it's the age that's the shock factor here. As a commuter I had a fundamental dislike of his thought processes and I've heard him over the years express his views on many matters. In an age of weak unions he gets my grudging respect

You can bet your bottom dollar that the only working class people in London that have decent pay and conditions for the job they do are affiliated to the RMT. Whatever your politics, and he was as contemptuous of Blair and Brown as he was of Cameron and Clegg, Bob Crow done a damn good job for his RMT members.

As this thread shows, too, even in his death, he's still irritating the very people he would have wanted to in life. Something we should all aspire to.

Last edited:
I'm sure if I worked for the transport system Id like him more than I do as a commuter.

At least he fought his cause.

I'm sure if I worked for the transport system Id like him more than I do as a commuter.

That is where him and Thatcher are so similar. They had opposing views, but they did what they genuinely believed was for the best.

That is where him and Thatcher are so similar. They had opposing views, but they did what they genuinely believed was for the best.

and that is why he'll have my respect, although I disagree with a lot of what he stood for.

For me, the only reason to take pleasure in somebody's death is if they still have the power to do things you disagree with. In spite of that, I'll not be celebrating as I'd not have traded his life for getting rid of his voice. 52 is far too young

Pretty much how I see it. Many is the time I've cursed him as I've stood on an overcrowded bus on a tube strike day, but he fought the corner for his people very well.

52 is no age and British politics has got a little less interesting.

Back