• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Here's a link to petition Downing Street to posthumously award Bob Paisley a knighthood

Sir Bob Paisley Petition

The man has to be one of the greatest ever tactical football brains and achieved far more than anyone would have ever thought after taking the reigns at Anfield from Shankly. Very deserving of a knighthood if you ask me.

More background to petition

Bob Paisley Wiki entry

A true, true legend and a very sad day for football when he passed away.

Why should Bob Paisley get a knighthood?

What did he do for the Labour party?

Yeah totally agree, Paisley is a legend

Also Brian Clough should get one to, if Fergie can get a knighthood for winning the European cup once with Man Utd, then surely Cloughie should get one for retaining it with Nottingham Forest
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/knighthood

Why should Bob Paisley get a knighthood?

What did he do for the Labour party?

Oh yeah, doh!
Forgot he didn't donate vast wads of cash to fund the Nanny State we all love so much or a war nobody beleives in or wants us to be a part of.

Although, if whisky tan man Ferguson got one for winning the CL, why the hell did Paisley or Cloughie not get one either?

Oh yeah, doh!
Forgot he didn't donate vast wads of cash to fund the Nanny State we all love so much or a war nobody beleives in or wants us to be a part of.

Although, if whisky tan man Ferguson got one for winning the CL, why the hell did Paisley or Cloughie not get one either?

Not quite the point I was making.

I was thinking more take your pick

How about a knighthood for Steve Thompson for saving us from almost certain relegation back in the 90's?

I don't give a monkeys that some Liverpool manager won a few trophies ages ago.

How about a knighthood for Steve Thompson for saving us from almost certain relegation back in the 90's?

In fact, I'd say our last 10 games this season are very comparable to that run. I'm not saying we could go from 2nd bottom at the start of March to mid-table but safety as Macca said on Saturday is very much still in our own hands. Play to our potential (hopefully starting with a much needed and deserved points at Portman Rd on Sat) and it's very much on!

In fact, I'd say our last 10 games this season are very comparable to that run. I'm not saying we could go from 2nd bottom at the start of March to mid-table but safety as Macca said on Saturday is very much still in our own hands. Play to our potential (hopefully starting with a much needed and deserved points at Portman Rd on Sat) and it's very much on!

If our season ends like THAT season in the 90's I will be over the moon..

Gary Jones, what a goal machine and saviour he was in those last 10 games!!!

Whilst I agree Paisly was a great manager and has a list of titles n cups as long as your arm.. I refuse to sign anything that gives Kudos to the Bindippers..

Boris Johnson, MP for Liverpool and shadow minister for grieving: "Does the PrimeMinister agree that awarding a posthumous knighthood to Bob Paisley would be a vote winner in Liverpool?"

Tony Bliar, prisoner number 1979-1990: "As a police investigation into the awarding of honours is currently underway, I have been advised to take the 5th Amendment. However, I would like to add, that Sir Alex Ferguson was a staunch Labour supporter and has carried out stirling services to the Labour Party and I'm sure everyone would be well advised to take his advice and (1) vote Labour and (2) not give unproven Scots like Darren Fletcher important roles. Now if you don't mind, I've got some real issues to solve like the NHS and education, education, education and appearing on GMTV"

Tony Blair does it again, what a total ****: -

The e-petition asking the Prime Minister to "Posthumously award Bob Paisley
a knighthood" has now closed. This is a response from the Prime Minister,
Tony Blair.

Bob Paisley's achievements in football were remarkable. It is easy to see
why so many people want to see his record formally recognised.

This has been underlined by the thousands of people who have signed the
e-petition on the No 10 website calling for him to be granted a posthumous
knighthood.

But this is simply not possible. A knighthood is an honour only given
during someone's lifetime. Unlike bravery awards and medals, they have
never been granted posthumously.

Formally, this is because the recipients of knighthoods are admitted into a
particular Order when they attend an Investiture ceremony in person.

In practical terms, however, it would also be impossible to decide which of
thousands of figures in our country's history, who were not knighted during
their lifetimes, should retrospectively deserve such recognition.

For example, there are already similar e-petition campaigns for posthumous
knighthoods for football managers Bill Shankley, Brian Clough, Jock Stein
and Bill Nicholson.

But strong cases could also be made for many other high-achieving sports
figures as well as authors, scientists and others who were not knighted
during their lifetimes. Charles Darwin, Captain Cook, RJ Mitchell, who
created the Spitfire, John Lennon and even William Shakespeare are just a
few of those who were not honoured in this way while they lived.

The fact they were not knighted, however, does not in any way detract from
the contribution they made to this country. Their lives and achievements
have each been celebrated and remembered in many other ways. But a
knighthood is, however, not possible for someone, no matter how
accomplished, who is no longer able to receive it.

Yours sincerely,
Tony Blair

Back