• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I noticed that. I pointed it out to my wife. She wasn't quite as excited as me.

Didnt stand a chance at RH , we were seriously poor ...
But Harry did reckon we could have done better if he had sold the bracelet

Tina gave a very revealing interview about the bracelet incident ...... it was not Bobby Moore

Never meet the guy, but everyone seems to say he was a gentleman on and off the pitch. As for memories of his time at the club, they were awlful.

Imagine just a few years back playing top class football and arriving at a run down club with facilities on par with Sunday league, club in free fall, he didnot stand a chance . Seem to remember him bringing Frank Lampard Snr and Kevin Lock with him,but to no avail.

Not the best football era at Roots Hall, I think worse than Peter Taylor era and that was dross to watch

Never meet the guy, but everyone seems to say he was a gentleman on and off the pitch. As for memories of his time at the club, they were awlful.

Imagine just a few years back playing top class football and arriving at a run down club with facilities on par with Sunday league, club in free fall, he didnot stand a chance . Seem to remember him bringing Frank Lampard Snr and Kevin Lock with him,but to no avail.

Not the best football era at Roots Hall, I think worse than Peter Taylor era and that was dross to watch

It didn't help he was a bigger drinker than Ronnie Whelan. Or that, even as an old drunk, none of the players could match his first touch at training.

I've told this story countless times, but when he managed Southend he lived two doors down from a friend of mine. Every morning he took his dogs for a walk, and let them **** on their lawn. One day my friend's mum had had enough and had a right go at him, not caring who he was. The dogs didn't **** on the lawn again!

It was Peter Osgood .

not really what was implied

Matt Dickinson's excellent biography of Bobby Moore deals with the story extensively.

There is a suggestion that Peter Osgood may have been the culprit and that it was a joke that got out of hand. He wasn't a big enough name to interest the Colombian authorities, so instead they looked to frame Moore.

Possibly. With most of the protagonists no longer alive, we'll probably never get a truly definitive answer.

Just remind us again, where are those improvements?

Bobby made some good signings Stannard , O'Shea , Westley and Richard Cadette , but some crap as well Lampard , Hatter and Silkman , but I dont think that Bobby could get his head round to the level of football he had sunk too . I met him at a Junior Blues Disco when he came to meet all the boys , all the parents could have a drink in the players bar while the kids were next door , I was talking to Steve Phillips at the bar when it started to go quite and looking round Bobby had just came in the bar and you could just feel the respect that all the parents had for the man , RIP Bobby , the greatest footballer to ever stand on the Roots Hall pitch ever .

Bobby made some good signings Stannard , O'Shea , Westley and Richard Cadette , but some crap as well Lampard , Hatter and Silkman , but I dont think that Bobby could get his head round to the level of football he had sunk too . I met him at a Junior Blues Disco when he came to meet all the boys , all the parents could have a drink in the players bar while the kids were next door , I was talking to Steve Phillips at the bar when it started to go quite and looking round Bobby had just came in the bar and you could just feel the respect that all the parents had for the man , RIP Bobby , the greatest footballer to ever stand on the Roots Hall pitch ever .
Silkman may not have been much cop, but without him on board I doubt whether Cadette would have joined

Silkman may not have been much cop, but without him on board I doubt whether Cadette would have joined

Sorry to name drop but when I spoke to Cadette ages ago, he only came here because of Moore. He was blown away that a legend like Bobby Moore had even heard of him, so he jumped at the chance of coming here.

Sorry to name drop but when I spoke to Cadette ages ago, he only came here because of Moore. He was blown away that a legend like Bobby Moore had even heard of him, so he jumped at the chance of coming here.

That was the story doing the rounds for years, should have checked before repeating it though, Silkman had only been here a month before cadette signed....

That was the story doing the rounds for years, should have checked before repeating it though, Silkman had only been here a month before cadette signed....

Oh I know Silkman had just become an informal agent and he knew Cadette from Orient, but Cadette really really wanted to work with Moore.

Back