• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boilers

steveo

mine to stay the same please
We had a Vailaint Combination boiler and although I always think of it as a new boilers it was 10 years ago. Water seems to go hot and cold when the pressure is high. Having a service next week but I fear neglecting to get it serviced over the years will have done it harm. I have been told on numerous occasions that some of the Vaillaint boilers are extremely complex.

Is 10 years a decent life span? Is it worth trying to repair or is it time for a new one? Any recommendations?

I've had a few boilers in my time. My take was to use them once for as much enjoyment as you can and then do the off

Hope that helps

Some people have Valliants that go on for 18 years or more...others say they are rubbish..As you have corrected stated it depends a lot on regular servicing to keep it working at its peak...My advice would be to see what your service engineer says as long as it isn't British Gas doing it as they will condemn anything they can.

I've got a Vailant and lord knows how long it's been working. I've lived there 10 years and it was there when I moved in. The only issue I had was the the hot water wasn't that hot, but that was due to some widget furring up which i had replaced for about £ 200. Other than that it's served me very well.

I suppose to some extent that boilers are probably a lot more efficient than they were say 10-15 years ago, so there must be a point where it becomes more beneficial to replace it, than just servicing it to keep it chugging along nicely?

I suppose to some extent that boilers are probably a lot more efficient than they were say 10-15 years ago, so there must be a point where it becomes more beneficial to replace it, than just servicing it to keep it chugging along nicely?

You are Johnny Ball and I claim my £5 :smile:

Back