• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Was it for the initial challenge on the goalie OR the head butt?

From the highlights it looks to me as if Mr. Ward had the red card ready immediately after the challenge.

How can anyone tell what the referee was doing or going to do? It's not clear to me at all from the clip I've seen. It also doesn't look like an elbow either, more an arm led barge.

And can someone actually tell me why it matters anyway? It was a straight red. Is it important which offence it was for?

How can anyone tell what the referee was doing or going to do? It's not clear to me at all from the clip I've seen. It also doesn't look like an elbow either, more an arm led barge.

And can someone actually tell me why it matters anyway? It was a straight red. Is it important which offence it was for?

On the highlights, straight after the initial challenge, he brings the yellow card from his pocket. After the headbutt, he then goes to his pocket again and brings out the red card.

Can't believe the amount of people willing to get stuck into poor Bolger, yeah it was a red card and was stupid of him but why all the grief in games before this one ? Think his performances have improved lots and is taking some of the load off prossers back to, think he is improving lots so can't anyone see this ?

Can't believe the amount of people willing to get stuck into poor Bolger, yeah it was a red card and was stupid of him but why all the grief in games before this one ? Think his performances have improved lots and is taking some of the load off prossers back to, think he is improving lots so can't anyone see this ?

He makes some errors but I agree he is the new scape goat at RH.
He is improving and will continue to do so IMO.
With Sokolik gone and Thompson far from injury free , I can't see how people feel his long ban is a positive for our club.

as others have said, its very clear from the clip on the football league show that the ref initially gets a yellow out. I don't understand the grief he is getting though. Don't get me wrong he let us all down, but some of this is OTT, its Prosser all over again

Some people on here just don't understand the negative affect that their actions can cause to a player, especially one low on confidence. Prosser had issues when he first came to the club yet he has developed in to a first on the team sheet player, Bolger is young moved a long way from home and clearly is lacking confidence. Cambridge away proved what a good player he is, we need to support and give the lad time.

Probably the same people who booed when he passed back to Prosser first ten, then slaughtered him when he played over ambitious balls across the pitch. A young centre back going for a third clean sheet.

Some people on here just don't understand the negative affect that their actions can cause to a player, especially one low on confidence. Prosser had issues when he first came to the club yet he has developed in to a first on the team sheet player, Bolger is young moved a long way from home and clearly is lacking confidence. Cambridge away proved what a good player he is, we need to support and give the lad time.
Not for or against Bolger, but at Cambridge he made a couple of slips which he does regularly. Cambridge were poor going forward and offered little threat and even if he lacks confidence, a schoolboy would know not to put his head in like he did. At this level you get either brainless, gormless, or just useless and we have certainly had our share of the brainless.
How can Brown defend a player who now misses at least 3 games. I agree about Prosser early on, our fans need a scapegoat, like Straker, Weston et al.

* Probably the same people who booed when he passed back to Prosser first ten, then slaughtered him when he played over ambitious balls across the pitch. A*young centre back going for a third clean sheet.

agree. A centre back in a team that have kept 3 clean sheets last 3 games, are top 7, lost 1 in 9. That's Shrimperzone for you!

So maybe the negative effect is limited because Prosser took a regular bashing when he first arrived but has turned it around despite all the negativity. I am not advocating the verbal slaughter of our players but I do wonder how much bad effect it is and maybe it might just be the kick up the jacksy some need. I am happy to have a player like Prosser that learns from his mistakes and grows rather than hides.

So maybe the negative effect is limited because Prosser took a regular bashing when he first arrived but has turned it around despite all the negativity. I am not advocating the verbal slaughter of our players but I do wonder how much bad effect it is and maybe it might just be the kick up the jacksy some need. I am happy to have a player like Prosser that learns from his mistakes and grows rather than hides.

There is an awful lot of this "the player needs a kick to get him going" theory of "motivation and management" that is mentioned. I've no idea where it comes from.

I'm no expert but I suspect that almost every player at the club want to do a good job each and every day ..... and I know that receiving abuse would not motivate me. Perhaps we could do away with Brown, Penney and Coughlan and just have a group of abusive fans lining the tunnel at 2:55 pm instead.

I find it odd that people think this is what is required.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you on here are actually Southend United fans or really just trolls from other clubs!

How about you try to give some of our players confidence instead of kicking them whilst they are down!?

Back