• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Bolton Wanderers boss Ian Evatt angry ahead of trip of Southend United

I'd hate to see his face when a Ranger and Holmes tear his tires defence apart on Saturday

I'm actually quite surprised he not been sacked! Bolton brought in some decent players for this league. They should be challenging for play offs atleast.

That’s massively tough for them to be fair! Hopefully our fresh legs will give us the upper hand. Fingers crossed Mansfield run them ragged.

His argument doesn't really stack up - Mansfield played Col Ewe on Sunday, whereas Bolton played on Saturday so they've got one day more to recover between games for the potentially more tricky fixture (on paper anyway).

We play to the traditional 7 day a week calendar so it's always going to be either 4 days or 3 days later if you've got 2 games in a week. Usually it's 3+4 but this time it's 4+3. It makes no difference to the amount of break Southend get as we've no midweek game for a change.

What he's basically asking is for Mansfield to only get 1 day off between games just to suit him.

GET OVER IT MATE!

I'm actually quite surprised he not been sacked! Bolton brought in some decent players for this league. They should be challenging for play offs atleast.

They've been like us though, a losing mentality to shed, new manager and a team in transition. I think they got rid of almost all of their senior players in the summer.
Difference is they appointed a manager in good time and were not under a transfer embargo so they were able to make some impressive signings in the summer and notably before salary cap restrictions came in.
They have got some excellent players for this level but things were never going to turn around for them straight away.

Back