• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Bolton Wanderers vs Southend United Saturday 28th November 15:00hrs FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 06.29.04.png

So here we go again, another league game this one switched to the Saturday so both clubs can try to forget their miserable first round cup exits - ours to non-league Boreham Wood, theirs at home to Crewe. Since then Bolton have gone on a bit of a winning streak with 4 straight wins and Southend, er haven't - although the performances have been encouraging.

All the reports would suggest that the "COVID 3" won't be travelling with the squad to the North West of England, with our other long-term and short-term injuries and seemingly never ending embargo which means our two latest signings can't play, Mark Molesley's options who are not still at school seem pretty limited.

If you were in his white trainers, who would you choose to start this one?

We are little short of 5/1 for this one....tells you what the bookies think !

Difficult to see anything but a comfortable win for Bolton here. However, we live in hope and I'm hoping for a draw. Our hard work over the past couple of games deserves some reward. I hope Matt Rush has spent the week practising shooting straight. I hope Olayinka keeps having the courage to run at the opposition. I hope Egbri has spent the week building up his strength. I hope Goodship has been helping Rush to see opportunities to run onto balls behind the defence. I hope our defenders and midfielders have been practising passing forwards rather than backwards. I hope Bolton have an off day.......

Can't argue with any of that @Barling Magna - I hope Terrell Egbri has been inspired by all the videos of Diego Maradona that have been shown this week, demonstrating that being shorter than average height is no barrier to greatness. He should draw some confidence from this.

Can't argue with any of that @Barling Magna - I hope Terrell Egbri has been inspired by all the videos of Diego Maradona that have been shown this week, demonstrating that being shorter than average height is no barrier to greatness. He should draw some confidence from this.

Egbri to score with his hand in a aerial challenge with their 'keeper?

Difficult to see anything but a comfortable win for Bolton here. However, we live in hope and I'm hoping for a draw. Our hard work over the past couple of games deserves some reward. I hope Matt Rush has spent the week practising shooting straight. I hope Olayinka keeps having the courage to run at the opposition. I hope Egbri has spent the week building up his strength. I hope Goodship has been helping Rush to see opportunities to run onto balls behind the defence. I hope our defenders and midfielders have been practising passing forwards rather than backwards. I hope Bolton have an off day.......

So at least you live in hope.....Mainly like the rest of us.

ox

elvis white hobson taylor kyprianou

Egbri Olyanka Demi Clifford

Dieng

Hope that we can hold them off and at some point Dieng can get some-one in on goal .. or Egbri wins a free kick and Taylor or Hobson or White can get a head on it

If we have some one decent who can play right back - push Elvis into midfield instead of Egbri.

Or play philips -

Is Kinali de-registered .. ?

_____________________OXLEY___________________
ELVIS_______WHITE_____HOBSON___KYPRIANOU
DEMETRIOU___MCCORMACK__OLAYINKA__RUSH
_________________GOODSHIP__DIENG______________

COKER K
COKER O
EGBRI
PHILLIPS
TAYLOR.R
SEADEN
ADEDOJA

I mean , basically , we are screwed ........ : - (

We will (or should for surely by now we have learned) go 451

Elvis White Hobson Kyprianou
Demetriou Dieng McCormack Olayinka Egbri
Goodship

And then we might get something just like we did v Walsall.

I wonder how many minutes Macca has got in him ..

Macca and Demi and Olayinka -is a decent 3.. - even tempting to add Dieng and Philips
and make Goodship run around up top on his own .. then Rush come on to score in the 89th

Back