• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

kevst183

from my armchair
If Bolton are wound up would that mean no promotion for them? If so would we get promotion/ playoffs even if we finish 7th

Is there a benefit to not paying up until a winding up order comes in? A lot of clubs seem to do it. Is it that clubs can't afford to pay when the bill comes in but after a couple of match days they'll have the money?

This is not like ours, where HMRC issue a Winding up order because we have paid late

This involves a loan which has been called in early
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news...ing_up_order_over___5_million_Wanderers_debt/
Co-owner Dean Holdsworth's Sports Shield company took out a £5million loan from BluMarble to help fund the takeover last March but complications on the original agreement have now led to them demanding settlement of the debt.

Much harder to pay off before the date of the hearing, but , I imagine ,may be a bit easier to get the hearing delayed .

If they go into administration on May 22nd , they would get a 10 point deduction.
If they win on Sunday this would mean that they will have 86 points, by May 22nd the playoffs will be over and Should they get a 10 point deduction they will drop to 6th. which would complete c*ck up the playoffs, especially if the 3rd place team doesn't make the final....
It could turn out to be a farce

This is not like ours, where HMRC issue a Winding up order because we have paid late

This involves a loan which has been called in early
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news...ing_up_order_over___5_million_Wanderers_debt/
Co-owner Dean Holdsworth's Sports Shield company took out a £5million loan from BluMarble to help fund the takeover last March but complications on the original agreement have now led to them demanding settlement of the debt.

Much harder to pay off before the date of the hearing, but , I imagine ,may be a bit easier to get the hearing delayed .

If they go into administration on May 22nd , they would get a 10 point deduction.
If they win on Sunday this would mean that they will have 86 points, by May 22nd the playoffs will be over and Should they get a 10 point deduction they will drop to 6th. which would complete c*ck up the playoffs, especially if the 3rd place team doesn't make the final....
It could turn out to be a farce

I'd have thought if they go into administration they will start next season with a 10 point deduction, a la Southampton, Leeds, Rotherham, Bournemouth. I know it was brought in to stop teams already relegated getting a meaningless 10 point deduction.

If they are wound up, I believe the Championship would start with 23 teams next season with two getting relegated (and that filters down the pyramid). This happened with Maidstone back in the day and regularly happens further down the pyramid.

Have they got any decent players we might want?
A goalkeeper? Attack minded central midfielder? C back?
Hungry pacey thingys?

Have they got any decent players we might want?
A goalkeeper? Attack minded central midfielder? C back?
Hungry pacey thingys?

That guy who went off injured against us at half time (Gary Nadine) looked a real threat, I notice he didn't play in the 3 matches they failed to win after playing us, but was in the lineup for their 2-0 victory over Port Vale. He's a striker though, which is the one position we're probably alright in.

So for all the blame Ron martin brigade .This winding up order seems to be the norm for a few clubs not just ours .And Bolton are ment to be a big club in our league .So it doesn't just happen to little southend .

.... Sounds like a charmer.

These people have always been on some 'anger management' course and then carry on being idiots, straight after!

He also spouted abuse about Billy Sharp on the 'net and a couple of other incidents, as well.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, here, but I get the impression that Ken and Dean don't get along! :winking:

Back