• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wembley bosses have said the bomb will not affect crucial Football League play-off finals due to be played at the stadium this weekend.
In a tweet from the official Wembley account, they said: "This weekend's games remain unaffected & we look forward to welcoming supporters of all six @football_league Play-Off finalists to #Wembley".

Wembley has already tweeted that games are unaffected so everybody calm down! **** me I wish our support cared so much about games like Hartlepool away

Thats a bit harsh Scott, ive been to Hartlepool twice, but now with a young family i have to be more choosey which games i can go to, plus both my son and daughter attend as well, so a trip North is very expensive. To suggest that people dont care just as they cant attend Hartlepool for example is simply not true. For what its worth i stood watching you at Morecambe away when the rest of us were trying to lift the team, you just stood there with your hands in your pockets making no effort. Does that mean you dont care?

Thats a bit harsh Scott, ive been to Hartlepool twice, but now with a young family i have to be more choosey which games i can go to, plus both my son and daughter attend as well, so a trip North is very expensive. To suggest that people dont care just as they cant attend Hartlepool for example is simply not true. For what its worth i stood watching you at Morecambe away when the rest of us were trying to lift the team, you just stood there with your hands in your pockets making no effort. Does that mean you dont care?

Plenty out there with no excuse mate

This game has rather more riding on it, think its not unreasonable for people to care a little more.

This game has rather more riding on it, think its not unreasonable for people to care a little more.

The quote from Wembley says "...there is no risk to the weekend's fixtures as it stands". That means that they aren't 100% sure themselves, and that the match might still be affected.

However, if they intend to do a controlled explosion today then they still have most of tomorrow as a contingency.

They are staying in a hotel close to Wembley. The plan is to go up today, and a look around, get over the excitement, and then stay over.
I thought the plan was to arrive there today, and go up tomorrow? No point in 20,000 fans to turn up only to find they missed the big event the day before. That would be a massive PR gaffe.

But in my view it's the games in the season where it counts most where by now we could have been promoted and not have to have the gamble of the playoffs

A lot of us have done our money, time and miles following Southend. Circumstances change, priorities change. When you have kids and a mortgage, other debts, and a wife or girlfriend that doesn't want you using up your saturday as the weekend is family time, then we'll see if you still manage to follow Southend all over the country.

But in my view it's the games in the season where it counts most where by now we could have been promoted and not have to have the gamble of the playoffs

But how would more people going to see us at Hartlepool mean that we would have been promoted automatically?

We are playing in a Play Off Final at Wembley tomorrow. I don't see how whether I went to Hartlepool or not had any impact on that?

Isn't the most important game always your next one?

Every league game is just 2% of the total so people wont hold every single game as a must win game.

You can lose a dozen games and get promoted, and it is reasonable to expect most of the games you lose to be on the road.

No single league game is anywhere as near as important as a play off game, let us have our fun :smile:

It's not turning into I'm the best fan in the world rant is it and those that don't go to every away game are rubbish fans.:smile:
i love these rants.

**** that, tomorrow is the sexy way to go up, let play a part in painting the Wembley yellow & let make some noise & hope the players play their part & pray for some luck goes our way!!

Well I thought Burton at home was gonna be the one that counted, so I went to that.

Turned out I was wrong.

Tweet from Brent Council:

Brent Council @Brent_Council
#wembleybomb update: We expect cordon to be lifted at some point in afternoon however Brent Civic Centre will remain closed to public today

Back