• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bomb

CANV

Coach
ok they reel this story out every 5 years but i have to admit i would love to see that ship off of sheerness blow up.. 10,000 feet of dead fish and mud blasted into the air.. (are they sure thats about 2 miles!) a 14 foot wave splashing along the seafront.. the biggest non nuclear explosion ever, or something like that, i wonder if the new lifts at pier hill could handle the rush if it went up when the airshow was on

definitely a slow day for news yesterday, as they drag that story up at least once a year when it's quiet. Even the Metro ran it - 'TICKING TIMEBOMB!' Yeah, ticking for 50 years.........

I remember doing a story about the Richard Montgomery when at school at Shoebury Comp ( I'm sure Ron Manager or Bob Cratchitt did the same as well ), seemed quite worrying at the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 20 2004,10:21)]definitely a slow day for news yesterday, as they drag that story up at least once a year when it's quiet. Even the Metro ran it - 'TICKING TIMEBOMB!' Yeah, ticking for 50 years.........

I remember doing a story about the Robert Montgomery when at school at Shoebury Comp ( I'm sure Ron Manager or Bob Cratchitt did the same as well ), seemed quite worrying at the time.
It's the Richard Montgomery isn't it?

Is the story on line anywhere?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Aug. 20 2004,10:14)]ok  they reel this story out every 5 years but i have to admit i would love to see that ship off of sheerness blow up..  10,000 feet of dead fish and mud blasted into the air..  (are they sure thats about 2 miles!)   a 14 foot wave splashing along the seafront..  the biggest non nuclear explosion ever, or something like that, i wonder if the new lifts at pier hill could handle the rush if it went up when the airshow was on
I'd like to see it go up when all the chavs are having a cruise night and see them washed away.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 20 2004,10:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 20 2004,10:21)]definitely a slow day for news yesterday, as they drag that story up at least once a year when it's quiet. Even the Metro ran it - 'TICKING TIMEBOMB!' Yeah, ticking for 50 years.........

I remember doing a story about the Robert Montgomery when at school at Shoebury Comp ( I'm sure Ron Manager or Bob Cratchitt did the same as well ), seemed quite worrying at the time.
It's the Richard Montgomery isn't it?

Is the story on line anywhere?
yup -edited.

just looking now

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Aug. 20 2004,10:14)]ok  they reel this story out every 5 years but i have to admit i would love to see that ship off of sheerness blow up..  10,000 feet of dead fish and mud blasted into the air..  (are they sure thats about 2 miles!)   a 14 foot wave splashing along the seafront..  the biggest non nuclear explosion ever, or something like that, i wonder if the new lifts at pier hill could handle the rush if it went up when the airshow was on
You forget that'll take the island with it too.......
tounge.gif

bothered if a few million gallons slop over the top of the wall . i live up the hill in westcliff .. mind you i'd sooner behind the nuclear bomb proof sea wall on the island than anywhere else down the seafront.. plus there is the danger of being killed by falling haddock

Wouldnt it be fantastic if it washed Canvey away !! And all the Chav w***ers down the seafront

[b said:

I remember doing a story about the Richard Montgomery when at school at Shoebury Comp ( I'm sure Ron Manager or Bob Cratchitt did the same as well ), seemed quite worrying at the time.
I think I do vaguely recall doing something at school about that, however if it was in history I doubt if it was anything as exciting as a 'project' - my history teacher was Mr O'Donoghue and he was definitely of the old school of teaching (ie text books and remembering dates of battles, none of this new fangled course work rubbish).

I could tell a few more stories about him but I'm scared of being sued for libel......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Aug. 20 2004,15:58)]bothered if a few million gallons slop over the top of the wall . i live up the hill in westcliff ..  mind you i'd sooner behind the nuclear bomb proof sea wall on the island than anywhere else down the seafront..  plus there is the danger of being killed by falling haddock
If they are that worried why don't they just pick a date - evacuate the areas perceived to be in danger and blow the f**ker sky high ?

I'm sceptical about the whole thing. If it was going to blow I'm pretty sure it would have done so long before now. We've had enough storms and winds over the last 60 years.

Back