• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Bond appointed on two year deal

TdPSGZv.gif

Good to know where we stand, lets move on now and have some decent summer signings.

What I like is the he really wants the job- he took the 6 game challenge where others maybe would with no guarantees, and he wants to be here.

I think he will give everything to make it work and take his chance- others I think would have seen it just as a route somewhere else

Just tweeted it but we are the Ford Mondeo of England. As always we are a club without any sort of direction hoping that we don’t break down, hate to be negative but unless there’s anything behind this appointment that isn’t easy to the eye to spot then I don’t see how it’s anymore progressive than ever? We’ll see

I guess that it feels a bit 'meh' but we saw both good and bad from Bond... he could get the team motivated at times and we did play some decent football... but then on the other hand we really got bogged down by some poor teams, and his team selection against Rochdale was pretty terrible.

He has contacts in the game which should help with signings and acquisitions, and he already knows the squad which gives him a good head start into a busy off-season compared to bringing someone else in.

So let's see how we get on with contracts and signings and hopefully we can start the season positively - he's got a good track record in the game even if it's not as a first team manager, so I think we should be fairly positive on the whole.

Last edited:
Just tweeted it but we are the Ford Mondeo of England. As always we are a club without any sort of direction hoping that we don’t break down, hate to be negative but unless there’s anything behind this appointment that isn’t easy to the eye to spot then I don’t see how it’s anymore progressive than ever? We’ll see

I'll take mid table mediocrity and early cup exits over last season.

You're full of the joys of spring this morning:Hilarious:

I'd say we are the Delorean of football.

Glamorous... iconic... but a bit crap.

Last edited:
We're getting out the League 1 pond,
With our grey haired boss named Kevin Bond.

#needswork

Well deserved this, expect rather a few ins and outs now and a few surprises along the way:Smile:

I'll take mid table mediocrity and early cup exits over last season.
Whilst I agree, I was more thinking about how you get to the next level, hence the word progressive, let’s keep riding the wave as always :Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious:

Back