• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News BOND RESIGNS!

I would imagine Ron in the big swivel chair, stroking his fluffy white cat made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I would say a deal was done, as I think he would have got more of a payout officially if sacked. Anyway, most of us have said bad things about him the last week especially, and we don't need to slag him off anymore. We move on, we go again. Now the talk can be just about the new Manager. Here's praying Ron gets it right this time.

I really didnt like the way that some of our fans treated him, particularly the chanting at the last home game. He didnt come along to do a bad job here, but the situation here obviously doesn't suit his skills.

I will remain grateful for helping to keep us up, and he has strengthened our squad with his signings. He just wasnt able to get the lads to play to his philosophy, or seemingly adapt that philosophy to our league one level skills!

I wasnt convinced he was the right man for the job when he joined, but was fully prepared to back him. However, I think that he has done the honourable thing, while our season is still salvagable. I would still want to wish him good luck for the future, regardless. I think he is a good man, probably a good coach, but is lacking as a league one manager.

Thank god. Terrible manager, terrible tactics, lack of respect when he refused to interview. I do not want him anywhere near Southend again.

Having said that, i wish him all the best for his future, hopefully he can go to West Ham to try and get them relegated.

At least we should now be able to settle the argument as to whether the squad is good enough or not (I still say it was 65% Bond and 35% deficient players that have got us into this mess).
Major changes required in next transfer window whoever is in charge.

Lets hope we get someone not a "fan's favorite", who actually knows what they are doing. As for the players, lets hope a few / most actually give up Sunday league and step up.

Was he pushed? Looks better on a CV to say resigned than sacked??

I doubt his CV matters too much at this stage of his life. There will still be scouting opportunities available for him to top up the pension.

As for whether he was pushed I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bond has said "I can't work with [financial restrictions/players doing X/chairman meddling etc]" and Ron's gone in that case I accept your resignation.

Back