• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bonjela

Pubey

is eating a tube's worth in one day dangerous?!

I've got serious wisdom tooth issues at the moment, and with being all over the country at the moment I haven't had time to grab a checkup at the dentist (who is a sadist bitch and won't do anything about it anyways). Anyway my addiction to Bonjela has reached a new high with me using up a whole tube in one day... I've actually feel like a junkie, where I don't actually get any pain relief from it, but just eat it to feel normal (plus it tastes nice).

Should I be worried about the state of my guts and liver? I've only just read the tube which says you should only apply it ever 3 hours! I've done it probably 3 times in 1 hour!:O

When I had problems with my wisdom teeth I just got on the nurofen, probably done way too many of them but being in so much pain I just went for it.

Wouldn't have thought Bonjela is too serious - it is aimed at kids after all isn't it?! Wisdom teeth, in fact, any tooth ache is probably the worst pain in the world - I'd advise maxing out on paracetamol and ibuprofen until you can get an appointment, which I'd advise you to do asap. Wisdoms are a sod though cos they can move about for ages. Oil of cloves in its pure form applied directly to the area is also supposed to be very good.

I'm also dosed up on ibuprofen, corlan pellets and a secret stash of lignocaine (shoudn't really admit to that though!). Have been washing my mouth out with Corsodyl mouthwash

Bonjela is what the medical world call a salicylates. Check the label as the BNF states on Bonjela "note CSM warning on Asprin and Ryesyndrome does not apply to non-asprin salicylates or to tropical preperations such as teething gel"
Asprin although used for pain relief is also a blood thinner and overdosin gon asprin can cause som emajor cardiac problems. If you are in doubt get down to A+E asap

From the tiny bit of reading I have done, I would guess that you would be ok as you would need to ingest 120mg/kg body weight of the salicylates to have any problems.
However, if you begin to feel ill, definitely get down to the hospital!

From the tiny bit of reading I have done, I would guess that you would be ok as you would need to ingest 120mg/kg body weight of the salicylates to have any problems.
However, if you begin to feel ill, definitely get down to the hospital!

sounds like a challenge!

Just get yourself to a dentist asap tbh, all these painkillers won't cure the actual problem which I expect is an infection of some sort having gone through this about a month ago (had it removed after a weeks treatment of antibiotics). The longer it's left the worse it's gonna get...

Just get yourself to a dentist asap tbh, all these painkillers won't cure the actual problem which I expect is an infection of some sort having gone through this about a month ago (had it removed after a weeks treatment of antibiotics). The longer it's left the worse it's gonna get...

Exactly, and you'll need the antibiotics really to treat the infection first.

it's just because it's breaking through the surface and so the gum is all sore and i can't bite down properly. Should be alright in a day or two. if not i'll head to the dentist, but she wasn't very sympathetic last time i had issues (might be time to get a different dentist i reckon)

it's just because it's breaking through the surface and so the gum is all sore and i can't bite down properly. Should be alright in a day or two. if not i'll head to the dentist, but she wasn't very sympathetic last time i had issues (might be time to get a different dentist i reckon)

If it's having trouble doing that it might be impacted - still go.

Just drink plenty of larger, shorts and shots until the pain goes away.

Back