• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Most teams fans' seem to choose one or two of their own players and abuse them for anything they do. We seem to have more than most : Paul Smith , Luke Prosser + now seemingly Kevan Hurst get in the neck for almost no reason. Now anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows full well that this ruins a players confidence , and its confidence more than anything else that seperates the winners from the losers.

So why dont us Blues fans turn this round + instead of picking on our players, encourage everything they do ... Coolthirst is potentially an awesome player for us + is busting a gut to score his 1st goal for us but if fans start getting on his back he could turn into a Louise Soares rather than a Ricky Otto. Give him confidence , he' ll get goals galore + we go up . Simple.

So if fans feel the need to vent the weeks frustrations + let out some steam lets start picking on the opposition players + shatter their confidence instead. We need to join together in this + maybe shrimperzone could have a new thread each week focusing on the banter we can throw at an upcoming opponent. Maybe someone like Agent Lomas can channel his enthusiasm into highlighting ex Col U players , ex Shrimpers , players who have been in trouble with the police ,players who used to be good but now are sh*te , etc etc who we are facing in the next game , then we can have some banter on here + make up some chants/ banter that we can use to help the cause for a Southend victory. ( For example this week Carlisle have Billy Paynter plodding about for them)

:gun:

On this, although not our player, is there a better one anywhere than Akinfenwa for taking it from opposition supporters? He's a character for sure!

First post be gentle please !!! I totally agree on this and god knows there is plenty of dross to highlight !! I particularly enjoyed doing exactly that to Simon Walton (8) on Saturday with his charade like corner kick routines "One word Two syllables" Oh you are just going to float it onto Bolgers head everytime then THANKYOU !!!

On this, although not our player, is there a better one anywhere than Akinfenwa for taking it from opposition supporters? He's a character for sure!

Having watched the ball stick to him like glue last night I dare any Southend fan to deny that they would love to have a character like him playing in a Blue (& White) shirt for us.

Having watched the ball stick to him like glue last night I dare any Southend fan to deny that they would love to have a character like him playing in a Blue (& White) shirt for us.

Are you suggesting he cheated and coated himself in pritt stick prior to the game?? :smile:

Most teams fans' seem to choose one or two of their own players and abuse them for anything they do. We seem to have more than most : Paul Smith , Luke Prosser + now seemingly Kevan Hurst get in the neck for almost no reason. Now anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows full well that this ruins a players confidence , and its confidence more than anything else that seperates the winners from the losers.

So why dont us Blues fans turn this round + instead of picking on our players, encourage everything they do ... Coolthirst is potentially an awesome player for us + is busting a gut to score his 1st goal for us but if fans start getting on his back he could turn into a Louise Soares rather than a Ricky Otto. Give him confidence , he' ll get goals galore + we go up . Simple.

So if fans feel the need to vent the weeks frustrations + let out some steam lets start picking on the opposition players + shatter their confidence instead. We need to join together in this + maybe shrimperzone could have a new thread each week focusing on the banter we can throw at an upcoming opponent. Maybe someone like Agent Lomas can channel his enthusiasm into highlighting ex Col U players , ex Shrimpers , players who have been in trouble with the police ,players who used to be good but now are sh*te , etc etc who we are facing in the next game , then we can have some banter on here + make up some chants/ banter that we can use to help the cause for a Southend victory. ( For example this week Carlisle have Billy Paynter plodding about for them)

:gun:

To be fair , most comments on here in recent days haven't been slagging Hurst off , but just stating that he is having a dip in form , which I think is fair comment.
But apart from that , I do agree with what you say.
Prosser seems to be a strong character and has come through it , but Smiths confidence ( fragile at best I guess ) seems to have gone completely.

To be fair , most comments on here in recent days haven't been slagging Hurst off , but just stating that he is having a dip in form , which I think is fair comment.
But apart from that , I do agree with what you say.
Prosser seems to be a strong character and has come through it , but Smiths confidence ( fragile at best I guess ) seems to have gone completely.

True, but there have been a few mindless prats that have also slagged him off big time, and they tend to get lots of air time from people commenting on their ramblings.

True, but there have been a few mindless prats that have also slagged him off big time, and they tend to get lots of air time from people commenting on their ramblings.

Three players mentioned in that post so you should probably state who you are referring to.

Back