• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great turnaround from the team today... and another vital 3 points!!! The worst thing that can happen these days is to concede an early goal at Roots Hall... all of the sudden the boo boys at the back of whats supposed to be the blue voice were out. "Wheres Eastwoods money gone?!" "Tilson Out" and "F*ck Of Gower". Great supportive chants there lads. Whoever those clowns are who spent the first hour of the game singing about their love lifes need to get out more... their support is embarassing! There were kids around - who really didn't need to hear about it. And as for the bald bloke at the back of block V who lost his top at Gower... why don't you f*ck off! Gower has been a great servant to this club - he had a bad game - it happens! Its been said a million times... blue voice was setup to SUPPORT the team. Quite simply some of the fans at the back of Block X were a disgrace today... and the terrible thing is that people are afraid to say anything because they are the kind of idiots who would quite happily look for a fight with their own fans!!! Any Southend fan who starts a fight with another Southend fan is no fan in my eyes. I worry that many people are going to be put off joining in with the blue voice by these people... I think we were rivalled by the South Upper today... sounded like a great effort over there to me well done.

Rant over - still a great result - Bring on Millwall

:)

Great turnaround from the team today... and another vital 3 points!!! The worst thing that can happen these days is to concede an early goal at Roots Hall... all of the sudden the boo boys at the back of whats supposed to be the blue voice were out. "Wheres Eastwoods money gone?!" "Tilson Out" and "F*ck Of Gower". Great supportive chants there lads. Whoever those clowns are who spent the first hour of the game singing about their love lifes need to get out more... their support is embarassing! There were kids around - who really didn't need to hear about it. And as for the bald bloke at the back of block V who lost his top at Gower... why don't you f*ck off! Gower has been a great servant to this club - he had a bad game - it happens! Its been said a million times... blue voice was setup to SUPPORT the team. Quite simply some of the fans at the back of Block X were a disgrace today... and the terrible thing is that people are afraid to say anything because they are the kind of idiots who would quite happily look for a fight with their own fans!!! Any Southend fan who starts a fight with another Southend fan is no fan in my eyes. I worry that many people are going to be put off joining in with the blue voice by these people... I think we were rivalled by the South Upper today... sounded like a great effort over there to me well done.

I must admit I don't understand their mentality either ...as far as I could see they all looked off the heads anyway ..They are not good for The Blue Voice, but I think they are in there original seats from the start of the season have paid for there tickets and normally join in with the good chants. You have to understand we have no power over others, it's a free world. Smiffy wasn't in that stand today and I think he adds most helping with the drums and starting up the songs...so maybe we can put it down to that. In no way do we as The Blue Voice condone these ridiculous chants.

John...TBV Commitee.

totally agree...i dont think they believe half the things they chant...ie tilson out ...they seem to thrive on the notoriety as they boo and giggle with their pals...trouble is others seem to be swept up in it to the point that i now want out of that area of the ground...despite the fact that at its best its by far the most passionate and vociferous...and boys, smoking weed for effect is behind the bikesheds stuff...any of these gentleman care to comment on why they get so much pleasure out of their behaviour

oh and thought tommy black was at times majestic today

Never heard it from where I was and I have heard those chants in previous games. Perhaps not as many joined in with them so maybe thats a positive. I didnt hear any negativity only the general boos at half time and the general groans at some poor passing today but that came from all parts rather than one block.

I do quite agree with the comment about the South Upper - a top effort today. Especially the usual crowd directly behind the goal and those just to the left as I would look from the West. Well done to you all......a top effort....:D

Last edited:
I was in Block W today, and I didn't hear "Tilson Out!" or "Where's Eastwood's Money Gone?". The bald guy going mental at Gower was a total mug, and I agree that booing one of our own - especially a great servant such as Gower - was wrong.

I didn't even think Gower had a particularly bad game. They got on his back when he put that volley just over, and frankly, it wasn't an easy chance. Those idiots spend too much time watching Premiership football and expect that quality in League One - it simply isn't realistic. His crossing was much better than usual today, and I think he was key in us having so many chances in the first half.

The fact one of the drummers joined in with the "**** Off, Gower" chant disgusted me too. I thought TBV were better than that.

Gotta be honest, didn't notice Blue Voice at all today from South Lower. Very few chants, and poor vocal support in general across the ground. Load of people laying into Gower again.

My brother was thrown out the other week for calling one of these 'fans' a see you next tuesday!

There really is some idiots that sit in that part of ground but then they have always been there, fickle isn't even the word to describe them!

I was in Block W today, and I didn't hear "Tilson Out!" or "Where's Eastwood's Money Gone?". The bald guy going mental at Gower was a total mug, and I agree that booing one of our own - especially a great servant such as Gower - was wrong.

I didn't even think Gower had a particularly bad game. They got on his back when he put that volley just over, and frankly, it wasn't an easy chance. Those idiots spend too much time watching Premiership football and expect that quality in League One - it simply isn't realistic. His crossing was much better than usual today, and I think he was key in us having so many chances in the first half.

The fact one of the drummers joined in with the "**** Off, Gower" chant disgusted me too. I thought TBV were better than that.

That is not True whatsoever and comments like that would give us a bad name. They maybe thought it was "Come on Gower"( they are playing drums at the time so are not hearing everything) and would of stopped as soon as they heard the words.

I'm afraid these "fans" had too much booze on too little brains. Prats each and every one of them. They go to the Blue Voice section but are nothing more than leeches. They will bring TBV down unless dealt with.

Hahaha... great thread - those people are Fantastic for the club.

Just wanna recap over some comments on here so far -

"They are the people who just premiership..'
"They are mugs.."

Well i'll have you know one thing, those Mugs, go to everything ****ing game... At least 6 of them were at the Essex Senior cup game.. and i know all of them went to Hartlepool.

In fact, Ron Martin was in correspondance with them over ticket issues - and rewarded them with some tickets for brighton for their loyalty.

So if you think they're mugs, pricks or whatever, go and see them.. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to discuss it with you... they are human.

They have a right, as well as everyone else, including this bald bloke, to express whatever opinion. Now for Sufc_gal, he confronted someone who supported the club for over 35 years, so he was moaning? So what - HE HAS A ****ING RIGHT TO! And so does anyone else.

and for the record - gower was **** today.. and i cannot believe as many people justified clapping him off as they did.

Last edited:
I'm afraid these "fans" had too much booze on too little brains. Prats each and every one of them. They go to the Blue Voice section but are nothing more than leeches. They will bring TBV down unless dealt with.

The problem is that they've always sat in that part of the ground and that is the only place TBV was allowed to use drums et.c so they had to go there.

Not true whatsoever.

Not true whatsoever.

J... you summed it up when you said they would be happy to set people straight! They are the only idiots I have seen supporting Southend who would start fights with their own fans!!! Thats why nobody confronts them.

Your right Gower was **** today - he knows that - doesn't need anyone telling him all game! By clapping and SUPPORTING him I was willing him to score!!! He has been one of our best players over the last few years and scored vital goals this season.

Last edited:
Hahaha... great thread - those people are Fantastic for the club.

Just wanna recap over some comments on here so far -

"They are the people who just premiership..'
"They are mugs.."

Well i'll have you know one thing, those Mugs, go to everything ****ing game... At least 6 of them were at the Essex Senior cup game.. and i know all of them went to Hartlepool.

In fact, Ron Martin was in correspondance with them over ticket issues - and rewarded them with some tickets for brighton for their loyalty.

So if you think they're mugs, pricks or whatever, go and see them.. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to put you right...

They have a right, as well as everyone else, including this bald bloke, to express whatever opinion. Now for Sufc_gal, he confronted someone who supported the club for over 35 years, so he was moaning? So what - HE HAS A ****ING RIGHT TO! And so does anyone else.

and for the record - gower was **** today.. and i cannot believe as many people justified clapping him off as they did.

Then surely its our right to tell them to shut the **** up?

J... you summed it up when you said they would be happy to set people straight! They are the only idiots I have seen supporting Southend who would start fights with their own fans!!! Thats why nobody confronts them.

Your right Gower was **** today - he knows that - doesn't need anyone telling him all game! By clapping and SUPPORTING him I was willing him to score!!! He has been one of our best players over the last few years and scored vital goals this season.

By clapping and supporting him, you are telling him you are satisfied with his effort and peformance.. and if you were, today, then roll on league 2 again i s'pose..

Yes, he was poor, but that didn't stop us encouraging him when he came over to take the corner kicks in front of us. That's what SUPPORTING your team is all about.

Remind me....we did win didnt we........:hilarious:

It werent great but hey we won.......isnt that what counts at the end of the day.....or does it now have to be an entertaining win....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back