• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
These people who call themselves supporters yet Boo a player even before he steps onto the playing field ,You people know who im talking about. Do you really feel your helping the team,i could never boo a person in a Southend Shirt, yes maybe feel disgruntled after a bad performance by the team,but to Boo player do you seriously believe this helps.Take a good look at yourselves if you just come along to Boo players ,my advice to you is go support COL EWE or Borient because im sure 99% of the supporters dont want or need you at Southends games.SHAME ! SHAME! SHAME!
:thumbdown:

these people who call themselves supporters yet boo a player even before he steps onto the playing field ,you people know who im talking about. Do you really feel your helping the team,i could never boo a person in a southend shirt, yes maybe feel disgruntled after a bad performance by the team,but to boo player do you seriously believe this helps.take a good look at yourselves if you just come along to boo players ,my advice to you is go support col ewe or borient because im sure 99% of the supporters dont want or need you at southends games.shame ! Shame! Shame!

boo boo boo !!

This is already being covered and discussed on several other threads. I can understand - although I would not do it - booing at half time, perhaps, and definitely at the final whistle. And I totally get that these people feel they have the right to express their dissatisfaction at the dismal performances we've endured so far this season. There will be fighting in the stands before too long though, because already I am seeing reactions to this behaviour.

Personally I think the booing is both for the players and the managers very strange decisions!!!

In all my 30 plus years of supporting SUFC this is in my top 3 of ***** that is in the dugout including staff and on the pitch, I cannot remember a team that Passes backwards and sideways so much then just hoofs it over midfield to a striker that wants it to feet!! Do it a couple of times but not the whole game, there is no plan B or C or D........ We just cannot break teams down and run out of ideas.

If if anything the manager needs to let the reigns off the team or order a taxi!!!!

These people who call themselves supporters yet Boo a player even before he steps onto the playing field ,You people know who im talking about. Do you really feel your helping the team,i could never boo a person in a Southend Shirt, yes maybe feel disgruntled after a bad performance by the team,but to Boo player do you seriously believe this helps.Take a good look at yourselves if you just come along to Boo players ,my advice to you is go support COL EWE or Borient because im sure 99% of the supporters dont want or need you at Southends games.SHAME ! SHAME! SHAME!

Easy to say when your not forking out cash on this current rubbish oz.

​The teams have been booed for as long as I can remember, this is not a recent phenomenum. Cheering our team has also been going on for a long time too. What I am really looking forward to is the time when the cheering outweighs the booing. IMHO this will occur in the foreseeable future. Chins up folks. COYBB

Let's just say, there is no confidence in the team at the moment. Booing is not going to help in any way shape or form

Seriously, the booing is not the problem it is the symptom. The level of frustration and disappointment expressed by a section of the fans is reflective of the performances they witness. It is a negative response but is being reported negatively too. The players, the manager and the club know full well that Blues fans have many positives in their support. TBV does its best, the numbers through the gate is tidy and the travelling away numbers is always excellent for a club of our stature. If you look at this forum alone you will see how many people are passionate about the club and that should be seen as a positive.

As fans, we are not perfect or superhuman, but all in all, the club should be grateful to us, each and every one. I much prefer sportsmen to silence the critics through their performance and not shrink like a proverbial violet when the tough gets going.

This is the way football has changed - feedback is instant.
back in the day booing was a BIG thing - happened rarely and after a long run of poor results.
These days people will happily boo if we aren't three up at the break.

I can understand a lot of comments but to boo a player before he has even stepped foot on the playing field i cannot understand , even booing at half time, i know if i was a player i would know as i walked off at half time how i was performing and to hear supporters booing wouldnt help my confidence one bit,rather go off realising i was playing bad and hearing the supporters singing showing their support ,even though they like me are down and suffering,i think then i would get to the changeing room and sit and think how i can repay them for their support and not only spur myself on to perform ,but also my team mates.and as for you Swiss Tony , do you think its cheap to go watch my football team in Australia ,because if you do you are sadly mistaken, and over the years ive seen some absolute rubbish from them and some of the players but never booed them.

​The teams have been booed for as long as I can remember, this is not a recent phenomenum. Cheering our team has also been going on for a long time too. What I am really looking forward to is the time when the cheering outweighs the booing. IMHO this will occur in the foreseeable future. Chins up folks. COYBB

Yep, pretty much spot on.

Booing in the past was more aimed at the irritating right-back from the other team or the incompetent ref, but these days it does seem to be used on a far more frequent basis to make a point about our own team.

Football is like a pantomime, except now, instead of booing the villain, it seems fair game to boo the entire show from start to finish.

Yep, pretty much spot on.

Booing in the past was more aimed at the irritating right-back from the other team or the incompetent ref, but these days it does seem to be used on a far more frequent basis to make a point about our own team.

Football is like a pantomime, except now, instead of booing the villain, it seems fair game to boo the entire show from start to finish.

Football is a pantomime and has changed hugely. Its hard to recognise which side the villains play for and who are the good guys.

When a player returns the ball to opposition after an injury, it is called sporting. The same player that will claim every ball that goes out is a throw/corner to his team. The same player that will fall to the ground and roll about as if shot despite little or no contact. The same player that falls in the box as if diving from a 10m high diving board. The same player that will vociferously question the ref's decisions. Sporting? Sportsmanship? It is a game not a sport. At its best it is glorious but there is an awful lot of awful behaviour to eradicate.

When players perform like this, cheating and wanting to gain any advantage possible, is it the best example to the crowd and do the players have double standards? They don't have to be sporting but expect the crowd to be sporting? There is much wrong with our national game, the huge financial prizes/pressures mostly responsible, and as playing has changed, so has supporting. Neither for the better in my view.

What niggles me the most is that every season almost without fail a player becomes a target. People who sit near me have it in for Mooney regardless. Saturday they were speechless until he came on.

What niggles me the most is that every season almost without fail a player becomes a target. People who sit near me have it in for Mooney regardless. Saturday they were speechless until he came on.

Most people have their favourites and "anti-favourites" - that's life. By and large the players most often favourited are the better ones and those most often disliked are the worse ones.

It would be nice to think people could be a bit more objective and appreciate that those players they dislike can sometimes do well and those they like sometimes don't !!

Back