• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boom Battle Bar

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
It seems there is to be a new bar opening in the Victoria Shopping Centre, utilising the two floors previously occupied by Mr Tangs Chinese Restaurant. Nothing too exciting about that until you realise that this bar will feature Axe throwing, Shuffle-boarding, beer pong (wtf is that),, pool and arcade games. Never a dull moment in the City of Southend.

They've been popping up everywhere recently, I did the one in the O2 a few months ago, their MO seems to be Jack of all trades master of none. We tried the darts and mini golf, darts was pretty close to Flight Club but a couple of times the darts didn't register, it also can't detect if you've missed the board completely (you have to press a button when that happens) but it was still good fun overall, since there isn't a Flight Club in Southend it'll be a good addition to the high street assuming that's one of the things they'll be including.

The mini golf on other hand was just okay, there are much better indoor mini golf/bar hybrids around (not just in London either, Caddies above the WHSmith in Southend is good). Didn't try the axe throwing but that's hard to mess up so presumably that'll be good.

beer pong (wtf is that)

Beer pong will be familiar to anyone that went to uni. You have 2 teams and each team stands on one end of a table, then you place 6 or 10 cups filled with beer in a bowling pin formation at your end of the table. The teams take turns trying to throw a ping pong ball into the opposing side's cups, if they get it in then someone of the other team has to drink the contents. I'm guessing for hygiene reasons the cups won't be filled with beer and you'll just take a swig of your own drink if someone gets your cup but that's the idea.

They've been popping up everywhere recently, I did the one in the O2 a few months ago, their MO seems to be Jack of all trades master of none. We tried the darts and mini golf, darts was pretty close to Flight Club but a couple of times the darts didn't register, it also can't detect if you've missed the board completely (you have to press a button when that happens) but it was still good fun overall, since there isn't a Flight Club in Southend it'll be a good addition to the high street assuming that's one of the things they'll be including.

The mini golf on other hand was just okay, there are much better indoor mini golf/bar hybrids around (not just in London either, Caddies above the WHSmith in Southend is good). Didn't try the axe throwing but that's hard to mess up so presumably that'll be good.

Beer pong will be familiar to anyone that went to uni. You have 2 teams and each team stands on one end of a table, then you place 6 or 10 cups filled with beer in a bowling pin formation at your end of the table. The teams take turns trying to throw a ping pong ball into the opposing side's cups, if they get it in then someone of the other team has to drink the contents. I'm guessing for hygiene reasons the cups won't be filled with beer and you'll just take a swig of your own drink if someone gets your cup but that's the idea.
Many thanks for the enlightenment @southendkid. As one that swerved Uni in the 60s, and instead enjoyed the outdoor life with HM C&E I was spared exposure to Beer Pong. Having worked in a Queen's Warehouse with seized booze and stuff, we probably experienced something similar but with more potency!

Back