• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought you lot might like a laugh, this has been taken from our OMB, at least Adrian's interviews are interesting and amusing, he is a bit like our team, you never know what is going to happen next!
Here's a selection of some of Aidy's quotes to date, he is providing plenty of soundbites so far!

(Thanks to Stuart Watson of the EADT for forwarding most of these, originally published in his Saturday column)

"Every team needs a Kemi Izzet. He's the sort of player that would kick his own grandmother." - Following midfielder Izzet's reinstatement to the first team following suspension.

"It's like when you have an argument with your wife. You tend to come out, put a brave face on and pretend you've not had a row." - After an angry Boothroyd sent his players out to warm up again just two minutes into their half-time break against Walsall. The U's went on to win the game 2-1.

"I want us to be like one of those little balls you can buy in a newsagents, the ones that bounce forever. I don't want us to be a medicine ball." - An individual take on the importance of maintaining form.

"Defenders can't handle him and he ends up on the end of a lot of WWE wrestling moves because of that." - Striker Clive Platt comes in for some praise.

"In football you need to be able to unlock the door and to do that you can either pick the lock or smash it down. With the players we have got in our squad I think we can do both." - The 'we have a plan B cliché' gets taken to a new level.

"I thought he did well considering that was his first start since I think 1947!" - On defender Matt Lockwood after he made his first league start in six months.

"Everyone will be valued here. I don't believe in sending players to Outer Mongolia." - Colchester's fringe players are given some words of comfort.

"Millwall's not the nicest of places to go to. I knew there was a recession on because they were throwing 2ps at me instead of pound coins!"

“In the first half the ball looked like it was crying, it had that much abuse”- An honest assessment of a direct half of football

“It’s like fencing with a plastic sword”- on reserve team football

“You just slap the Vicks vaporub on, and get on with it”- Aidy on a few of the squad having “sniffles”

“Problematic and Jamie (Guy) seem to go together at the moment”- Not wrong there

“I thought this was a radio interview for the football match- I feel like I’m on dear Deidre or something about how I feel, so let’s stick to the game” - Aidy wants to talk football, not about his own emotions after Colchester throw away a two goal lead at Oldham

Yes there is a similar feel to his comments!

Talking of comedy unless the lineup has changed your very own Terry Alderton is doing one of our comedy nights at the WHCS on Dec 02, he is bound to crack a few pro Southend jokes so if any of you are at a loose end that night give it a look.

From the official site

Comedy Club: December's Details
Posted on: Mon 09 Nov 2009

TICKLING YOUR FUNNY BONE EACH MONTH!

The Comedy Club Colchester
@ Colchester United FC
Wednesday 2nd December 09

Noticed the goose getting fat or the turkey looking twitchy recently? Christmas is coming and to celebrate, The Comedy Club offers a great night of comedy at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester United FC.

Wednesday 2nd December brings three top comedians to your new home of live entertainment in Colchester where the laughter never stops. We particularly recommend you come and enjoy the comedy masterpiece that is Terry Alderton…you'll leave wondering how you ever lived without The Comedy Club! Visit www.hahaheehee.com for full show info.

MC - KEVIN McCARTHY
"The Ad Lib Expert" The Stage, Club Mirror Comedian of the Year - Award Winner
Once seen never forgotten, Kevin McCarthy remains one of the biggest and most loved performers by comics and audiences alike, compering and headlining at all the major Comedy Clubs in the UK. With an ever changing act, and the ability to find humour in any subject, Kevin's warm personality and utterly relaxed stage persona puts the audience instantly at ease. His appetite for topical mirth is second to none and he will have even the hardest of crowds eating out of his hand, as well as watching their back for he's as sharp as they come.

OPENING - GERRY K
The Bill (ITV), Angelo's (ITV)
Anecdotal, observational and refreshingly honest, Gerry K first hit the stage in 2003 and has raised the roof with laughter ever since. An energetic and likeable personality, Gerry lays claim to winning; The Comedy Store's 'King Gong', Metrolife Comedy Newcomer, and The Comedy Cafe's Best Newcomer Awards. Following recent successes, Gerry's performed several headline spots and now performs regularly at many corporate events. Gerry's even hosted the football forum with Jeff Stelling and Rodney Marsh for Zoo Magazine.

HEADLINE - TERRY ALDERTON
2008's face of Virgin Media Football, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Ch4), Ian Wright's Friday Night's All Wright (ITV), The Stand-Up Show (BBC1)
To describe Terry is fun even in itself. Terry was born to perform and this feeling spreads across any venue, capturing the audience with extraordinary caricatures and a delivery so exciting the energy is felt by all. Whether thrilling with his stand-up show or presenting awards, Terry's charisma shines and if your event is about energy and looking forward with a sense of exhilaration, then Terry Alderton is the comedian for your event. Television appearances have included playing a yardie gangster in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Channel 4), Ian Wright's Friday Night's All Wright (ITV), Stupid Punts (BBC2), The Stand UP Show (BBC1),Saturday Live (ITV).

SHOW DETAILS
• Joke competition with prizes • Music & Bar until 11pm

Tickets £10.00 | Members £8.00 | Colchester United Season Ticket Holders £8.00 | Over 18's | Doors Open 7:00pm | Show Time 7:45pm

Ticket Hotline: 01206 755109 & www.colchesterstadiumexperience.com

Colchester United FC, United Way, Severalls Lane, Colchester, Essex, C04 5UP

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/Events/0,,10424~1615667,00.html

Back