• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Boreham Wood 1-0 Southend United

Taylor, Fonguck - and currently Husin is not the answer in midfield.
Of course, that leaves us Miley, so some of the passengers above have to play.
Ralph was better second half, but he too has become peripheral.
Penalty to them?
Had that been us, we would have been screaming for it, and you can see why it was given, soft or otherwise.
We're snatching at chances when it gets in the box, and most of the time we want a second touch, or we don't want to shoot. That's you Taylor!
That's even more disappointing than Saturday.

Agree largely with GBJ's assessment.
We outplayed Boreham Wood for most of the match and looked much more of an attacking threat than of late. However, too often we want to create that picture book goal and fail to test the keeper enough. We also lack that creative spark in midfield, someone who can play in between the lines and make something happen.

Although Wood's penalty award was soft, Kensdale gave the ref a decision to make as he was caught too square, and threw out both arms, getting half a tug on the forward who decided to go down.

I never felt confident that Bridge would tuck away his penalty (clear handball) for some reason.....maybe because it just seemed that it wasn't going to be our night.

The players looked shattered by the end and need some help. By hook or by crook we need to force Ron out. That man is single handedly destroying our club.

Last edited:
How can we win more games and put in better performances when the players wasn't getting paid?? How many games have we won since? Maybe ron should hold back there March and April pay then we have a chance of playoffs! Madness!!

I love these boys and they'll always have my admiration and gratitude for what they've achieved under the circumstances this season, but that game showed why we just aren't good enough to seriously challenge for promotion.

Forget the penalty decision because we should never have been in that position - we were utterly, utterly toothless in the final third today. Couldn't finish our collective dinners and I feel like we could have played until Christmas and not put the bloody thing in the net. It's not just today, it's been a problem all season. We just don't have enough ability or guile to create and score enough clear-cut chances.

I think that's probably season over now unless someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat, gets the embargo lifted and allows Kev to bring in a bit more quality up top - but then again, who the **** is gonna want to play for this club at the moment?

MARTIN OUT.

Agree largely with GBJ's assessment.
We outplayed Boreham Wood for most of the match and looked much more of an attacking threat than of late. However, too often we want to create that picture book goal and fail to test the keeper enough. We also lack that creative spark in midfield, someone who can play in between the lines and make something happen.

Although Wood's penalty award was soft, Kensdale gave the ref a decision to make as he was caught too square, and threw out both arms, getting half a tug on the forward who decided to go down.

I never felt confident that Bridge would tuck away his penalty (clear handball) for some reason.....maybe because it just seemed that it wasn't going to be out night.

The players looked shattered by the end and need some help. By hook or by crook we need to force Ron out. That man is single handedly destroying our club.
Isn't Mooney supposed to be that kind of player?

We only looked like we had any urgency when we were trying to get something in the last minute, everything before that was WAY too slow and over complicated. Long balls and hitting the wingers every time doesn’t work in any league, we’ve already discovered this under Brown..

We’re desperately missing a player to get us playing through the middle. Relying on Bridge isn’t working anymore - he’s too busy making himself dizzy turning back on himself every time he has the ball. We never drive through the middle or play into the pockets, it’s infuriating when teams force us out wide every single time.

We were always going to miss out on play offs without being able to add to our squad, they look tired and with teams around us boosting their squad it’s inevitable we’re left behind.

No renewal of the season ticket for me, I’m way too fed up with it now. No prospect of promotion all because of one man. I’d happily not watch if it gets Martin closer to a forced leave because the pig has no money coming in.

Still doesn’t make sense as it’s the chairman not the fans that did that to him.

I'm not surprised. Neither of the Sheffield lads covered themselves in glory on their way out.

Undoubted ability of course.

Didn't he leave to get a promotion on his CV? That's going well.

3M. Murphy, Mooney and Maher. The first two need to pack their saddle bag and mosey out of Dodge. Maher needs to learn quicker and maybe listen to his deputies more because he clearly ain't on the right trail.

You can blame refs all you want but we could have been out of sight before that appalling pen decision. Our fault we weren't.

Back