• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Boreham Wood 1-0 Southend United

I am confused by Brunt’s celebration, don’t understand the need to be a ****.

He was well received when he played for us.

Because he is a jumped up little prick who believes his own hype when in reality, this is his level. At least now hopefully some of our fan base will stop this strange liking of him after what was by and large, an okay short spell here.

Ok so are we in agreement that it’s just that last playoff place up for grabs now ? Eastleigh, Wealdstone, Bromley and us all fighting for that last spot.

Isn't Mooney supposed to be that kind of player?
Mooney was brilliant for Altrincham last season in a 442 as a RM. He was also good when we first signed him through preseason and even early season when we played a 343.

We now play him in the centre and he isn’t as effective. People claiming he’s **** honestly need to give their heads a wobble. Blokes playing out of position

Yes Mooney is and another who missed sitters when it's easier to score, the rest rarely shoot or get in the box , not playing the ball out more to GSM when in acres , what's that all about!

He generally played out wide for Altrincham and so far for us, when he's played centrally he hasn't looked like someone who can pick a pass or drop into those dangerous pockets of space that the best players in this division do.

Because we’ve upset his boyfriend … incidentally we haven’t won a game since he was thrown out of the dressing room . Similar capitulation when he went back to Sheffield last season

I forgot how many goals Lopata scored.

I forgot how refs have being heavily involved in the Wrexham goal and tonights goal...

Our problems are nothing to do with him.

Mooney was brilliant for Altrincham last season in a 442 as a RM. He was also good when we first signed him through preseason and even early season when we played a 343.

We now play him in the centre and he isn’t as effective. People claiming he’s **** honestly need to give their heads a wobble. Blokes playing out of position
Oh yes. Silly me. I forgot that playing out of position means you cannot pass accurately, cross effectively or shoot anywhere in the vicinity of the goal. Out of position does not destroy your ability to do the basics.

These four games were a true test of where we stood this season. On the day of game one we lose our best player and commanding CB and from there we’ve gone onto lose all four games. I think even the most glass half empty of us expected a couple of points.

This season will fall apart now and it’s all down to one person. Weeks not months he said, well it’s been months and unfortunately it’ll be years at this level until we get an owner who can properly provide the backing this club needs over the course of the season. Let’s face it, the embargo will be cleared for the summer then we’ll hit our standard embargo mid-season and the same will happen again.

Just think what could have been.
Lopata don’t make an difference for us, although he is an ‘pizda’ ✊🏻💦 for what he did. We just lacked an attacking midfielder, Husin meant to play like a midfielder that go forward to create a chance or score etc. Having him out injured might done us a favour.

Getting kicked when you're down comes to mind. What the hell is more frustrating, playing prettily and creating virtually no chances like Saturday, or creating plenty of chances and proving incapable of puting any of them away like tonight??? I found it a really entertaining game but just a sickening result. As Tilly would say, "they worked their socks off" but as we've all been saying for a long time, without additions to the squad the season is likely to just fade away. There's nothing very much we, the management or even the players can do about it. We've all just been hung out to dry by an owner who doesn't have the capacity to run a football club but does so anyway in an irresponsible and selfish rush for his own crock of gold. Trampling over peoples lives, hopes and aspirations with seemingly no guilt or care for the damage he is doing.
Back to the game! I had both commentaries playing and have to say that I've never heard a fairer opposition commentator than Boreham Wood's tonight. He didn't believe the first one was a penalty and you almost sensed towaerds the end, that he was wishing us on to get an equaliser, which would have been the least we deserved.

Ran into his leg for the pen.

Unclassy celebration.

Even with another 90 we wouldn't have scored - toothless and overcomplicated play.
Strange to see such a confrontational celebration goading our fans from Brunt. Uncalled for imo after we helped develop his career with a good loan spell from Sheffield United.

Maybe it’s time to try and flat back 4? Something like a 442 with Mooney and Bridge on the wings, Miley and one other in the middle with Wreh and Cardwell upfront. Need to address the fact that we can’t score any goals!
It won't make any difference with these players. In front of goal they all have a rush of blood to the head.

Didn’t people used to say the same thing about Goodship?!

We only looked like we had any urgency when we were trying to get something in the last minute, everything before that was WAY too slow and over complicated. Long balls and hitting the wingers every time doesn’t work in any league, we’ve already discovered this under Brown..

We’re desperately missing a player to get us playing through the middle. Relying on Bridge isn’t working anymore - he’s too busy making himself dizzy turning back on himself every time he has the ball. We never drive through the middle or play into the pockets, it’s infuriating when teams force us out wide every single time.

We were always going to miss out on play offs without being able to add to our squad, they look tired and with teams around us boosting their squad it’s inevitable we’re left behind.

No renewal of the season ticket for me, I’m way too fed up with it now. No prospect of promotion all because of one man. I’d happily not watch if it gets Martin closer to a forced leave because the pig has no money coming in.
I've be saying this for a while now, the one trick pony play out wide to Bridge is just so predictable and even pushing it out to GSM to mix it up seems beyond these players imo, if I was gus I'd be asking direct questions of management and players responsible or maybe just stay back.

I seriously think the support from the supporters will drop off now, no one in their right mind will continually dip into the pocket like you people have been doing so this season ,when you continually get such toothless performances as i witnessed versus Wrexham and reading your posts again versus Boring fking Wood .OVER 50% off the total attendance was by you people ,amazing, that you all keep putting money in the opponents till.

Back