• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Boreham Wood 1-0 Southend United

We looked like Man City around the midfield and we look like Col U up front where you need to score a goal ….for once let’s leave sc m bag Ron out of this… we have 3 managers that for some reason obviously don’t coach how to get the ball in the back of the net( stats available)…… Maher, you are the toothless manager of the month, why are we going across the park when we need a goal or two?😤😤

Mooney played out wide in the first wrexham game. His best game with us.
I dont understand why we never play with 2 wingers, should surely be at least something in mahers box of tricks for certain games.

At the mo we are trying the same thing each game and its not working.

So that’s now played 16 won 2 drawn 4 and lost 10 against the the other sides in the top ten.

So far we have only lost 3 games against the rest.

We just aren’t good enough against the stronger sides - haven’t been all season.

It‘s all right Kev saying we were outstanding and we will continue to play the same way, but our build ups are just so slow and laborious… no one can strike a football. OK we did get a few goal attempts in but it wasn’t like we were spurning open goals j- just half chances.

We need a couple of athletes in midfield who will actually get in the box and shoot!

Oh and it’s about time the law makers stop players from drying a wet ball for a throw in. It’s so tedious two games running watching opponents who are just trying to see how far they can throw the ball into our box taking time out to dry the ball.

Ok so are we in agreement that it’s just that last playoff place up for grabs now ? Eastleigh, Wealdstone, Bromley and us all fighting for that last spot.
We're not scoring our good chances or half chances or even penalties now,
The strikers are back lol if we get to 60 points that looks more likely. Imo

Need to go back to 343, Ralph wing back, bring lomas in, Bridge, Cardwell, Mooney front 3. Gives us more creativity in the final third whilst remaining solid at the back.
Create more chances then miss or straight at keeper, the opposition have worked out keep Bridge out wide = predictable .

Despite the possession stats I thought we were pretty poor. They were there for the taking.

Arnold 7 - Did nothing wrong. Glad to have him back between the sticks.
GSM 6 - Not his best game. Not much in the way of overlapping, but rarely got the ball as we insist on playing down the left.
Kensdale 8 - The new leader, MOM. Give him the armband
Hobson 7 - Did well
Ralph 6 - Bit of a hoof merchant.
Miley 7 - Only midfielder looking for the ball and the only midfielder I would want to keep
Husin 5 - Conference south player.
Fonguck 5 - Not my type of player. Doesn’t put his body on the line. Not sure what type of midfielder he is meant to be. Not particularly good at anything.
Bridge 6 - Lack of pace let’s him down. Always cutting back so every cross is floated in rather than hit at pace, so easily defended.
Cardwell 6 - Can’t time a header or bring others in to play. Might be harsh but I think National league is a stretch too far for him. Looked much more mobile when he first signed.
Murphy - 5 Looked rusty. Tried a few flicks but nothing came off.

Subs
Wreh 7 - Caused a few problems and actually held the ball up. Always trying to bring others in to the game.
Mooney 5 - I’ve been giving him a lot of slack based on his pre-season performance. Probably a great player if you’re playing the ball around at pace. Not the sort of player you want in a scrappy game.
Taylor 5 - Not on for long. Too similar to Miley for me. Can’t have both on the pitch at the same time as it’s too negative.

Suspect Kensdale and Hobson will be off in the summer. Things have fallen apart since Lopata left. Our defence has been mainly excellent but think next season will be a struggle. Can't imagine Husin, Taylor or Fonguk would get into any of the teams in the top 7. Maybe try 4 4 2 or give the likes of Benton a game.

If it wasnt for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all!
Always the same when your struggling a bit.
NL again next season if we survive until then

Another incredibly frustrating night. That’s now three 1-0 defeats and a 2-1 in our last four games against play off hopefuls. It’s been such fine margins but we’ve come up short again. Tonight like Saturday we’ve been undone by poor ref decisions. However tonight we would have deserved the win or at least a draw. We were the better side and had the better chances but we simply don’t shoot enough and when we do it’s at the keeper or wide. The decisions for both penalties were dubious but their one in particular was ridiculous, Kensdale clearly gets his foot to the ball and their player falls over his foot. However they scored and we didn’t and that summed up the night. I have to confess I’ve not been convinced by Bridge as a penalty taker and tonight had a feeling he wouldn’t score

Overall we play some nice tidy football but lack in the final third. It’s this area and also a playmaker or two that we need to improve on during the summer, but that will also depend on who we lose and who we can convince to bring in assuming we aren’t under an embargo

Great support again by the travelling shrimpers and certain there was more than 864 there and defo we had more than they did but maybe they didn’t want to embarrass themselves by admitting that

As for moving forward, maybe a change in formation might help. I’d stick with Cardwell and Wreh up top as they seem to offer the most. Maybe go to a back 4. Also worried again by some of Kevs comments tonight. We can blame the refs and rightly so but as a team we don’t score enough goals and that’s been a theme all season and just at a time we needed to push on we’ve come up short and with no way of strengthening thanks to one person and one person only. Thanks RON

Didn’t people used to say the same thing about Goodship?!
The difference is Mooney came from a club at the same level as us, Goodship came from the National League South to a club in League 1.

Mooney should be doing much better than he is, I don't know if it's because he's out of position or because the coaches need to work on something with him but he's already proven he can play at this level, he's just not doing it for us.

Back