• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Boreham Wood FC v Southend United, Saturday 30th October, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 74 82.2%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • John White

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 61 67.8%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 56 62.2%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

• Matt Rush

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Matt Dennis

• Kacper Łopata

Votes: 45 50.0%

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Win

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MY TEAM
Arnold, JD ? Ralph Sayers
Ferguson Agogo
Kinali Bridge Walsh ( or Akinola )
Murphy
Subs Seaden, Philips, Howard, Rush, Dalby..
cant choose between Hobson, White mmn for other CD, Also like to see Oshane Stewart given a chance sooner rather than later.. Kinali i think has a future a goal scoring winger AM.

Assuming Ralph is fit

………………..Seaden
………..Hobson White Ralph
Egbri Ogogo Ferguson Phillips Bridge
…………….Dalby Rush

Subs: Sayers, Dunne, Walsh, Murphy, O. Coker

Think Borehamwood play a 3-5-2 so they won’t cause us the problems with our shape down the flanks that Daggers did when they had 2 v 1 on the flanks. If we go with only 2 in central midfield we’ll get overrun so our choice is 3 at the back or one up front.

Murphy looked flat on Saturday and livelier when he was a sub. Rush is a pain to play against.

Or we could try causing Boreham Wood some problems by making it 2v1 down their flanks? I just don't want to see Egbri or Bridge as wing-backs. It doesn't work. If he were to do it with Howard and Ralph then maybe, but we might need one or both of those 2 in the middle.

Or we could try causing Boreham Wood some problems by making it 2v1 down their flanks? I just don't want to see Egbri or Bridge as wing-backs. It doesn't work. If he were to do it with Howard and Ralph then maybe, but we might need one or both of those 2 in the middle.
The problem v Daggers wasn’t so much Bridge and Egbri as wing-backs but the fact they got isolated. That’s more on their team-mates not supporting them (and presumably the fact that the new management team has not had enough time to work on the shape they want). If you do it with Howard and Ralph it will be 5 at the back. The bigger issue isn’t the wing-backs but the midfield. That is where most of this side’s problems emanate. Restoring Phillips should help a little and maybe Ogogo is better for getting 90 minutes under his belt.

Have we had any update on Arnold? I know he broke/dislocated his finger a few weeks ago but he played on. Maybe he shouldn't have and is resting as a result of it. Need him back asap!

I really don't think he'll change the team too much. Maybe Phillips for Dunne.

I still don't know why we can't play a back four if Ralph is fit. Push Bridge into midfield. This wingback nonsense has to go!

If I see Atkinson start, I'm going back to the pub, sideways, slowly, with my head down!

Last edited:
Have we had any update on Arnold? I know he broke/dislocated his finger a few weeks ago but he played on. Maybe he shouldn't have and is resting as a result of it. Need him back asap!
If I see Atkinson start, I'm going back to the pub, sideways, slowly, with my head down!
Arnold was back in training today.

Amen on Atkinson.

Lost already! These players are just not of professional standard!! Would love to be proven wrong!

Unfortunately I see a 2-0 loss.

Players aren't up to standard.

Back