• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Boreham Wood FC v Southend United, Saturday 30th October, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 74 82.2%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • John White

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 61 67.8%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 56 62.2%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

• Matt Rush

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Matt Dennis

• Kacper Łopata

Votes: 45 50.0%

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Win

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are the mighty Shrimpers ..

A big club in a tin pot league ... with talented players and a great manager ..

Just need to drop Murphy and we will win comfortably 3-1 ... and go unbeaten to Christmas

I think we will get in the play offs ... win the play offs and be back in L2 next season.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST ;- )

Just need to drop Murphy and we will win comfortably 3-1 ... and go unbeaten to Christmas

I think we will get in the play offs ... win the play offs and be back in L2 next season.

Have you been smoking strange baccy ?

You must of had a good lunch what was it,great post and so upbeat.

My Facebook memory from the other day was from Sunderland away back in 2018. We lost 3-0, Coker did his ACL and the game before Hopper did his as well, but we played pretty well and should have had a penalty at 1-0. I remember sitting on the train home discussing how it was an unfair scoreline and we played pretty well.

I can take losing on Saturday but I want to see signs to be positive about and signs it might get better soon.

It also shows just how far we have fallen in three years. From visiting the Stadium of Light to now Boreham Wood and expecting to get rolled over.

I know that some of our fans have been getting upset at some of the chants that the away following have been singing of late, is there a approved list of what is ok to sing, along with what isn’t ??

Asking for a friend !!

Gonna totally revise my side from earlier with the 2 new guys coming in. I think Kev & co HAVE to put them in and also coming from a bigger club, i suspect they are probably used to playing a 352 so for this and to give them some experience around them, I can only see a 352 again for us.

—————— ARNOLD ——————
— HOBSON — WHITE — LOPATA —
————————————————
HOWARD ———————— RALPH
————————————————-
— PHILLIPS — DUNNE — BRUNT —
—————————————————
———— DALBY —— RUSH ————

No Bridge in that and I’d maybe swap him out for Phillips but also he hasn’t really had a break out of the side yet. And obviously depending on Ralph/Hobson fitness may need changes there with Bridge.

I know that some of our fans have been getting upset at some of the chants that the away following have been singing of late, is there a approved list of what is ok to sing, along with what isn’t ??

Asking for a friend !!
She'll be coming round the mountain,zigger zagger or maybe 2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate much less aggressive and more woke.

Hopefully

--------------------------ARNOLD-----------------
DEMETRIOU-----WHITE-----LOPATA------RALPH
-------------FERGUSON----PHILLIPS-------------
-----DALBY------BRUNT--------BRIDGE----------
------------------MURPHY------------------------

RUSH,WALSH,HOBSON, AGOGO, SEADEN

Arnold

Hobson White Lopata

Howard Ferguson Phillips Bridge Ralph

Dalby Murphy

Subs: Seaden, Ogogo, Walsh, Brunt, Rush​

Time to shake things up a bit - try Howard and Ralph as wingbacks (Sayers if Ralph isn't fit). Ditch the old boys in central midfield and play Bridge more central. Can't really comment too much on Brunt but if he's better than Phillips in the opinion of the management then start him, if not he would be a good second half sub for Bridge or Phillips.

The management team talked about intensity and I don't get that from Ogogo or Dunne (or Ferguson for that matter!) so I think we need a bit more energy and initiative in midfield and rely on the defenders to defend (hence more defensive minded wingbacks).

Arnold
Howard White Lopata Ralph
Agogo Phillips
Walsh Brunt Bridge
Murphy​
I like this although would swop Dalby for murphy. Dalby does hold the ball up well so with Waslh, Brunt and Bridge playing behind him we would need someone to hold the ball up and bring them into play, not sure Murphy can play that role

How long have the loanees been training with us for? Lopata sounds good but if he hasn't got to know how the rest of the back 4 play it could cause issues if he starts (although saying that the alternatives will probably ship goals anyway).

How long have the loanees been training with us for? Lopata sounds good but if he hasn't got to know how the rest of the back 4 play it could cause issues if he starts (although saying that the alternatives will probably ship goals anyway).
First time today apparently

Back