• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Boreham Wood FC v Southend United, Saturday 30th October, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 74 82.2%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • John White

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 61 67.8%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 56 62.2%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

• Matt Rush

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Matt Dennis

• Kacper Łopata

Votes: 45 50.0%

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Win

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long have the loanees been training with us for? Lopata sounds good but if he hasn't got to know how the rest of the back 4 play it could cause issues if he starts (although saying that the alternatives will probably ship goals anyway).
Given how this didn’t leak I’d be fairly confident they weren’t at training yesterday.

What’s wrong with oursongs
I know that some of our fans have been getting upset at some of the chants that the away following have been singing of late, is there a approved list of what is ok to sing, along with what isn’t ??

Asking for a frien
What’s wrong with our songs, I thought they have been ok.

Had a dream we were holding out at 1-0 till last seconds and they got an equaliser.

Probably take that but felt like a defeat!

So Saturday dawns, rather squelchily, but the rain should pass by this afternoon as we kick off against the mighty Boreham Wood. Hopefully we won't go two-nil down before starting to play like last year. At least we don't have to face Tshimanga this time.

The Wood have made a strong start this season so expecting a victory might be a bit optimistic but let's at least see some signs of progress and give the two loanees some time on the pitch. Come On You Shrimper Boys!!!

After last Saturday's disappointing trip to Daggers I considered following the match from the comfort of my sofa with updates from TV and Twitter so at least close to the kettle and the hard stuff if/when needing to console myself.

On Wednesday I weaken and bought a ticket and even though quite a damp morning looking forward to the game and hope we see some of the new loan signings and the week Maher has had with the squad we see some signs of improvement. Let's be loud and supportive today as personally I was disappointed by not only the team last Saturday but also some our comments base as although I understand why sarcastic chants and abbusive comments towards our players it just does not help !

Last edited:
Hope the Boys put in a good performance today, against a decent side. Be interesting to see what the two new loan players can bring to the team. UTB!!

It looks a lovely tight little ground. Shame had we been anywhere near the other end we could have probably taken a few thousand as it only just around the m25. As things are, 500 tickets sold is a extremely good effort from our lot.

Back