• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Boreham Wood v Southend United, Saturday 10th December *MATCH POSTPONED*

Starting XI and Result

• Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Shaun Hobson

• Kacper Łopata

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Aaron Cosgrave

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

• Tom Clifford

• Jon Benton

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Win

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're entitled to your view @Shrimpet steve but if you genuinely believe that events at the club are not affecting the team, and it's down to our injured players letting the team down then I could be forgiven for thinking you are a wind up merchant. If you actually mean what you say then I'm lost for words.
I do mean what I say! Dont strikers win games of football? by scoring goals? Are all out strikers other then wreh not fit? So I dont see how off the field issues should stop us winning games and getting 3 points.Sorry,but all I'm interested in is getting wins and 3 points so we can get back to where we belong.All this stuff regarding unpaid tax and staff not being paid is not good but I really couldn't give a t.ss anymore as it's the same every season and nothing will happen apart from ron eventually paying the tax and other outstanding Bill's! Its like a merry go round and extremely predictable.

I do mean what I say! Dont strikers win games of football? by scoring goals? Are all out strikers other then wreh not fit? So I dont see how off the field issues should stop us winning games and getting 3 points.Sorry,but all I'm interested in is getting wins and 3 points so we can get back to where we belong.All this stuff regarding unpaid tax and staff not being paid is not good but I really couldn't give a t.ss anymore as it's the same every season and nothing will happen apart from ron eventually paying the tax and other outstanding Bill's! Its like a merry go round and extremely predictable.
Ok, I give up, you are beyond reasoning and therefore I won't waste any more time trying.

With Mooney out I'd push Bridgey further forward , Ralph to LWB and bring in Kensdale or Lomas

Plus also we are in an embargo which meant we could not extend Dackers loan nor get in other loanees for our injury hit striking department. But that's not Ron's fault eh Shrimpet Steve?!?! Stunned by your comments.
That's right, Steve is right about 1 thing the injuries aren't helping but with the embargo we can't bring anyone in..... So it's clear the off field issues are having an impact. We could do with couple of loans now.

With Mooney out I'd push Bridgey further forward , Ralph to LWB and bring in Kensdale or Lomas
I know why you've said this because of injuries. However, Bridge cannot play there. He is totally ineffective in that position. He has been one of the best players in the division playing the LWB role and this is one of the only positive things about the team at the moment. It can't be tampered with again. Maher did that at Aldershot and we offered nothing. Bridge has to stay at LWB.

As I keep saying. He's a WUM.Ignore
Absolutely, I am just going to ignore Shrimpet Steve now. Clearly a WUM. I have also been one to comment back on the amount of trolling he does so won't comment on what he says anymore. I think it would be unfair to completely ignore him, just in case he says something useful.

First away game this season for me and my son. Really looking forward to it, train tickets purchased, pub sorted (and lunch booked), thermals bought and venue for England game sorted (back in the City)....what could go wrong...

First away game this season for me and my son. Really looking forward to it, train tickets purchased, pub sorted (and lunch booked), thermals bought and venue for England game sorted (back in the City)....what could go wrong...
Assuming the game takes place, that sounds like a pretty decent way to spend an afternoon and evening for both of you. Enjoy!

Don't see it myself. By 2pm will be sunny, will need an early inspection to check though
It may be sunny at 2pm but forecast suggests only getting above freezing from 1pm and then only a balmy 1 degrees. Hope they’re wrong.

To be fair with the distance involved from Pompey to Accy that is a sensible decision. First of many I reckon.

As for us, only a short trip so can't see an early call on this one. With temps likely down to -3/-4c widely tonight, that is going to test even the best surfaces across the country. 50/50 chance of this being on I think.

To be fair with the distance involved from Pompey to Accy that is a sensible decision. First of many I reckon.

As for us, only a short trip so can't see an early call on this one. With temps likely down to -3/-4c widely that is going to test even the best surfaces across the country. 50/50 I think.
Should be a 9am inspection you'd think

Should be a 9am inspection you'd think
It would be nice. But if they inspect at that time it will certainly be off. Likely to still be sub zero at that time of day.

If they leave it until Midday there's a better chance the surface will have softened. But obviously all the fans will have set off.

Tricky call. Not going myself tomorrow, but if I was I'd be leaving at the latest possible time.

Hopefully given the fact that arsenal ladies play there and arsenal aren't, get the arsenal groundsmen in 🤣 they may have something in place that can control it a bit, and it's been forecast for a while

Hopefully given the fact that arsenal ladies play there and arsenal aren't, get the arsenal groundsmen in 🤣 they may have something in place that can control it a bit, and it's been forecast for a while
That's the hope. With a lot of funding from Arsenal you'd hope they at least have some decent frost covers.

Have bought train and match tickets.
So, about £300 down at the moment.
Could someone nip over there with a blow torch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back