• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuff all this doom and gloom. A third 1-0 win in a row with us all bemoaning the fact that it should have been more except for their goalie's heroics, the woodwork, and the blind ref.

Our Defence looks decent enough. And Smith is starting to show that he is a very good keeper.

Question marks over Britt's fitness. But I fancy him and Corr to cause problems. If they should be the starting front two. I cant see Freddy/Harris/Benyon starting over Barry and Britt.

My main concern is the midfield. It looks a bit weak for my liking, especially in wide areas. We need to somehow dominate this area, but not sure we have the personnel at present to cope with a League One side. Albeit an average one.

Make no bones about it. Orient are the better side on paper and it is going to take an above average effort from our lot to squeeze anything out of the game.

I think it will be a tight affair however. With the Oooze nicking a 1 goal lead to take into the Roots Hall showdown. They will be under more pressure than us to get a positive result and that may help us slightly...

One thing I am certain of is our fans will win the battle in the stands. But that isn't going to get us a place at Wembley unfortunately. But it could squeeze an extra 10% out of the players. So for those going, back the boys non-stop and lets hope for a positive outcome to bring back here in a couple of weeks.

Nothing more than a team on the up vs a team bound for relegation.

0-3.

That is all.

Morning seaside folk. O's fan here, bringing you a touch of realism.

As mentioned above, apart from Lisbie we should be able to field a full strength team tonight. Lisbie is a big miss for us, so that gives you a better chance of springing a surprise. We've also just lost one of our centre backs in the transfer window to mighty Stevenage, so perhaps slight unfamiliarity at the back, and of course the pitch is looking like a **** heap at the moment, so that might stop our normal flowing football.

Apart from that, you should watch out for Cook and Tiny Cox our wingers, both capable of tearing your fullbacks a new one, Moses Odujabo who we have high hopes for and Mooooooooney, who for someone who was almost dead and buried with our fans last year, has made a miraculous ressurection this season.

Looking forward to a good game, hope you guys don't enjoy it too much. :smile:
are you from cloud cuckoo land?:smile:

A little birdie told me this forum had some eagle eyed posters on it. Hope the result tonight isn't too hard for you to swallow :winking:

How dare you nick our sacred Gods most famous saying

A little birdie told me this forum had some eagle eyed posters on it. Hope the result tonight isn't too hard for you to swallow :winking:

Huh! Actually Mr O's fan It's wee birdie. Hoping that Ben Reeves has a "Big Night Out" at your place.

:smile:goodluck tonight, cant see their being to many goals in this first leg TBH.

Butterflies in the stomach already! Very excited about tonight, just hope we give a good account of ourselves for the telly viewing masses and get something out of the game......

I really hope Steve Kavanagh is able to get the message through to the boys that this is not JUST an area final 1st leg, but it's also a derby match and "we hate BORIENT, we hate BORIENT!"

Why?
UP THE BLUES

Love it how the orient fan referred to if we get a result tonight as 'sprining a surprise'. I don't really class a league 2 side beating a league 1 side a surprise as theres not that much difference between the leagues plus we have already beaten brentford this season and they are an outstanding side! so don't be so cocky!!!

Works going very slow today and only 12pm, looking forward to jumping on the tube and being in the pub at 5.30 with an orient supporting mate (who rarely goes may I add). I had to convince him to come to the game and experience real fans in action. That being said I'll take a 0-0 draw right now but would love to snatch a winner.

Please please please let us win , and win in style . The blokes in my office are all going to be watching on TV. I keep saying that we have injury problems, and cup tied players and making every excuse I can think off in case we are crap. No work is being done, everyone here wants to talk to me about it , I have bored them so much this year that they already know the names of our key players , and have been asking for updates on Brit and Tomlin.

Like most of us , am really looking forwards to it and happy that I am able to go

Please please please let us win , and win in style . The blokes in my office are all going to be watching on TV. I keep saying that we have injury problems, and cup tied players and making every excuse I can think off in case we are crap. No work is being done, everyone here wants to talk to me about it , I have bored them so much this year that they already know the names of our key players , and have been asking for updates on Brit and Tomlin.

Like most of us , am really looking forwards to it and happy that I am able to go

I know what you mean and exactly the same for me.
All this years 'boasts' from me could come tumbling down if we are hammered tonight.
Think we'll do ok though , although Tomlin is a big miss for us.
Keep the faith :smile:

Back