• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Sherif's bespoke promotional poster for the Orient match...

Owing to the abysmal selection of TV on tonight and my lack of desire to go to the gym, I thought production of the below would constitute a better use of my time for all and sundry.

Please feel free to use as you please...perhaps a 40ft banner can be printed in time for tomorrow....

2qn40au.jpg

See you all tomorrow my brothers :smile:

Attachments

• JPTjoke.jpg
    JPTjoke.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 44
I Just can not see us getting anything from this away leg.
Would take a 2-0 loss. Any more than that and you might as well not bother with the 2nd leg.
We have got out of jail the last 2 games and our luck just can not hold out. Can it ?

What ridiculous hair your chairman has :winking:

Also, love the twitter hashtag for this match: #elchavico

bit of positive news for us, according to the bbc kevin lisbie is defo out for the first leg. my house is getting tense (i live at uni with an orient fan) and i dont think i will be able to face him if we get smashed :S

UTB!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think we'll win tomorrow and would gladly take a draw.

If we came out of the away leg only 1 0 down, for me thats the best we could hope for. Smith maybe has to come up with another 10 out of 10 to keep us in it. Anyway im 67 tomorrow, icant wait much longer to see Southend at wembley, so come on the clock is ticking.

About twelve hour's to kick off and I am sitting nervously at my desk ready for more banter with the many office Gooner's that just do not understand how big this game really is tonight. I will probably glance regularly at the time as I look forward to tonight and then once we kick off glance a my watch as I will then long for the match to end with us still to be in with a chance of finishing the job at Root's Hall. Martin Luther King had his dream and mine is not off so much consequence for many but to me it is huge as have waited fifty year's to see SUFC at Wembley and maybe this year the dream could come true !. Let's all be loud and proud throughout the ninety minutes even if thing's are not going our way. UTB

Well its finally here and its all even more exciting because 2 weeks ago there was no way our family could possibly be at the 2 Orient matches. Hannah is waiting for still more surgery and after 4 cancellations they came up with February 5th she cried the whole way home from Oxford knowing she wouldnt see us play Orient, but the NHS went for a 5th cancellation and its now March. Also the lifelong Southend fan Turkism is 67 today and would love a trip over to see his beloved Blues at Wembley so come on blues it means so much to so many people lets do this

Already told my boss not to expect great things from me today. I've just got too much on my mind. Tonight is the equivalent to a barca v Madrid champions league semi final. Anyone who doesn't understand that I pity

My friends (not today) are all orient scum. I'd love it if we beat them!

Butterflies in the stomach already! Very excited about tonight, just hope we give a good account of ourselves for the telly viewing masses and get something out of the game......

I really hope Steve Kavanagh is able to get the message through to the boys that this is not JUST an area final 1st leg, but it's also a derby match and "we hate BORIENT, we hate BORIENT!"

If we came out of the away leg only 1 0 down, for me thats the best we could hope for.

How is that "the best we could hope for"?! We're playing Leyton Orient, not Real Madrid.

I'm not sure I fancy us tonight but we've got a chance. They're no better than we are.

Morning seaside folk. O's fan here, bringing you a touch of realism.

As mentioned above, apart from Lisbie we should be able to field a full strength team tonight. Lisbie is a big miss for us, so that gives you a better chance of springing a surprise. We've also just lost one of our centre backs in the transfer window to mighty Stevenage, so perhaps slight unfamiliarity at the back, and of course the pitch is looking like a **** heap at the moment, so that might stop our normal flowing football.

Apart from that, you should watch out for Cook and Tiny Cox our wingers, both capable of tearing your fullbacks a new one, Moses Odujabo who we have high hopes for and Mooooooooney, who for someone who was almost dead and buried with our fans last year, has made a miraculous ressurection this season.

Looking forward to a good game, hope you guys don't enjoy it too much. :smile:

Well its finally here and its all even more exciting because 2 weeks ago there was no way our family could possibly be at the 2 Orient matches. Hannah is waiting for still more surgery and after 4 cancellations they came up with February 5th she cried the whole way home from Oxford knowing she wouldnt see us play Orient, but the NHS went for a 5th cancellation and its now March. Also the lifelong Southend fan Turkism is 67 today and would love a trip over to see his beloved Blues at Wembley so come on blues it means so much to so many people lets do this

Not often I cheer a Hospital appointment cancellation, but that's great. :smile:

I think we'll lose tonight, either 2-0 or 2-1. I'll be happy enough if we're only 1 down going into the second leg. Having said that I hobviously hope I'm totally wrong & we win 0-4, game over!

Back