• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boris Becker jailed

I understand that his crime has consequences and punishment is part of that.
However I would have thought a shorter sentence of incarceration coupled with lengthy community service, especially working with less fortunate folk or youths could have been more fitting, as well as cheaper for tax payers, and Boris could resume paid work?

However I would have thought a shorter sentence of incarceration coupled with lengthy community service, especially working with less fortunate folk or youths could have been more fitting, as well as cheaper for tax payers, and Boris could resume paid work?
I'm not for Sports superstars doing community service for their crimes, which is often coaching kids in their professional sport, and signing autographs, which isn't punishment but a privilege. He claimed bankruptcy whilst hiding over 2.5 million. He deserves a sentence.

I think part of his sentence includes contempt of “court” which is a automatic 18 months go straight to jail card with no time off for good behaviour.

I may be wrong but that maybe the case..

I'm not for Sports superstars doing community service for their crimes, which is often coaching kids in their professional sport, and signing autographs, which isn't punishment but a privilege. He claimed bankruptcy whilst hiding over 2.5 million. He deserves a sentence.
Some stir, some picking up litter, cleaning crap, painting things etc, then get onto some working with kids coaching if things go well.
How much does a week in prison cost? And do you think he will be in general population in clink or, imo, more likely cause some big, unintended, problems for prison management with the scrutiny, risk and other issues?

Some stir, some picking up litter, cleaning crap, painting things etc, then get onto some working with kids coaching if things go well.
How much does a week in prison cost? And do you think he will be in general population in clink or, imo, more likely cause some big, unintended, problems for prison management with the scrutiny, risk and other issues?
It's not about cost, it's about serving punishment for crimes. That's what prisons are built for!

Maybe Gary Glitter should teach music in schools cause prison costs too much!!

Happy to contribute my tax to keep these scum bags behind bars, and I'm a huge tennis enthusiast!

It's not about cost, it's about serving punishment for crimes. That's what prisons are built for!

Maybe Gary Glitter should teach music in schools cause prison costs too much!!
That is a huge jump from a financial fraudster to a predictor child sex offender, wow, a leap of Evil Keneval proportions.
Part of prison is to make society safe from that convicted person, also to rehabilitate, train, re educate, AND yes to punish wrong doing.
Comparing Becker to Glitter is like comparing apples to cabbages.

That is a huge jump from a financial fraudster to a predictor child sex offender, wow, a leap of Evil Keneval proportions.
Part of prison is to make society safe from that convicted person, also to rehabilitate, train, re educate, AND yes to punish wrong doing.
Yes fair play.... but my point is just because he is famous doesn't mean he doesn't do the time. He lied and hid millions so what else has he lied about? He's a criminal and deserves to be behind bars ... plain and simple. Being a big fan of his makes me gutted to say that.

I dare say his first two weeks will be in Wandsworth Scrubs since he got sentenced in South London until they sort him out with some like Portland.

I dare say his first two weeks will be in Wandsworth Scrubs since he got sentenced in South London until they sort him out with some like Portland.
Yes, and the first signs of a nutter wanting to make a "name" by assaulting him will start extra measures being made and so it will go on. Then it will be a circus around him with allsorts of problems for stretched and stressed PRison Officers to navigate.

Back