• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boris Johnson

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
The London Mayor has confirmed his intention to stand as a Conservstive candidate in the next general election. Uxbridge and South Ruislip, where long standing MP John Randall is stepping down, looks a perfect fit for him as the voters there will love his anti-3rd runway stance.

Ladbrokes have reacted by making the Conservatives favourites for most votes next year (4/5, with Labour evens)

Last edited:
The London Mayor has confirmed his intention to stand as a Conservstive candidate in the next general election. Uxbridge, where long standing MP John Randall is stepping down, looks a perfect fit for him as the voters there will love his anti-3rd runway stance.

Ladbrokes have reacted by making the Conservatives favourites for most votes next year (4/5, with Labour evens)

Out of interest, why would something like this change the overall betting for the election as a whole? Or would the tories have been made favourites anyway?

Out of interest, why would something like this change the overall betting for the election as a whole? Or would the tories have been made favourites anyway?

I am guessing that they are predicting something of a 'Boris bounce' in popularity for the Conservatives should he stand. Can't quite see it myself - to me, Boris wanting to become an MP is more an indication that he thinks the Conservatives will come a cropper next May.

I am guessing that they are predicting something of a 'Boris bounce' in popularity for the Conservatives should he stand. Can't quite see it myself - to me, Boris wanting to become an MP is more an indication that he thinks the Conservatives will come a cropper next May.

I would say this is quite correct in some way as he would need to be an MP to run for leaderrship, which undoubtedly he would do if the Conservatives lose the nesxt election.

Johnson invents the 48 hour day so he can fit in two full time jobs. If he is that great why not put him in for a marginal so he can win a seat rather than just turn up for one that is guaranteed?

love him or loathe him he is a character. In the era of Clegg, Miliband, Cameron and Osborne that is a massive bonus. Given how London is the Labour bastion in the South, they will be worried by a potential Boris leadership bid...

Back