• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hall has thrived and isn't tall. JCR is extremely direct.

Hall's taller than JCR though! JCR promised so much, there was always a swell of anticipation when he'd surge forward but it almost always amounted to nothing as he'd usually trip over a blade of grass or something.

Hall has thrived and isn't tall. JCR is extremely direct.

Problem with Hall is that he is very good until marked by at least 2 opposition players which renders him less effective. Obviously not his fault but good tactics by the opposition manager(s).

Problem with Hall is that he is very good until marked by at least 2 opposition players which renders him less effective. Obviously not his fault but good tactics by the opposition manager(s).

That's definitely where it would be handy to have a second creative player somewhere in the side.

Hall's taller than JCR though! JCR promised so much, there was always a swell of anticipation when he'd surge forward but it almost always amounted to nothing as he'd usually trip over a blade of grass or something.

This opinion of JCR has always dumbfounded me. I think because he'd trip or get in a muddle 3 or 4 times a game people thought he had no end product, I'd suggest he had such great pace and some balls asked a lot of him meaning he'd muck up a fair bit, in his defence no one else in the team would get anywhere near those balls. The outlet really helped our back 4, when JCR lost the ball it was often for a throw or corner and not a case of the ball coming straight back at us. The simple things are always harder to do at pace. He offered a lot and I'd say your description is more fitting of a player like Laurent who did promise much and usually lost the ball after beating two players.

This opinion of JCR has always dumbfounded me. I think because he'd trip or get in a muddle 3 or 4 times a game people thought he had no end product, I'd suggest he had such great pace and some balls asked a lot of him meaning he'd muck up a fair bit, in his defence no one else in the team would get anywhere near those balls. The outlet really helped our back 4, when JCR lost the ball it was often for a throw or corner and not a case of the ball coming straight back at us. The simple things are always harder to do at pace. He offered a lot and I'd say your description is more fitting of a player like Laurent who did promise much and usually lost the ball after beating two players.

JCR was exactly like that.

Poor crossing, no goals. He used to beat a fullback 3 times and never get the ball across.

At least Laurent did actually score now and again.

It may be he got better when he left but he didnt deliver when with us.

The only time he really blew me away was against Brentford on his debut when he came on against a beaten side.

If he was 'all that' we wouldnt have gone through the embarrassing sitation of trying to change the asking price after his loan and watching him go to Col u

How about Chris Hackett released from millwall if we need a quick right winger

JCR was exactly like that.

Poor crossing, no goals. He used to beat a fullback 3 times and never get the ball across.

At least Laurent did actually score now and again.

It may be he got better when he left but he didnt deliver when with us.

The only time he really blew me away was against Brentford on his debut when he came on against a beaten side.

If he was 'all that' we wouldnt have gone through the embarrassing sitation of trying to change the asking price after his loan and watching him go to Col u

I disagree and the fact he left us for a championship club when we were relegated suggests that others saw he was a good player. I liked Laurent but he's playing non league football now whereas JCR has been a league1/championship player all his career.

I think all this is immaterial though as he can do a lot better than league two and I expect him to sign for a club challenging at the top of league one.

Have to say Rotherham and their scumbag of a manager are already building a strong squad for next season. Ian Sharps has decided he doesn't want to play in League One and has rejoined them. Strange decision, probably not football-based. They've already signed Odejayi and Nardiello. Will be one of the favourites to get promotion next season, I imagine.

Macclesfield have just released 21 players, two goalkeepers among them (Veiga and former Shrimper Steve Collis).

I disagree and the fact he left us for a championship club when we were relegated suggests that others saw he was a good player. I liked Laurent but he's playing non league football now whereas JCR has been a league1/championship player all his career.

I think all this is immaterial though as he can do a lot better than league two and I expect him to sign for a club challenging at the top of league one.

Have to say I myself also thought JCR was of a higher standard than Laurent, and in any case he was playing against better players in a higher division. Laurent never has or will ever I would imagine play in the Championship - JCR has done so for a number of seasons now.

A defender to add to the list would be Rory McArdle, rumoured interest in previous transfer windows. Been released by Aberdeen.

Back