• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is hilarious. It's from our local paper. I thought I'd share it with you. According to our gift of the gab manager, we're a shaken bottle of pop waiting to explode! Er....

EVO: PILGRIMS HAVE BOTTLE FOR POP AT SHRIMPERS
Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

10:30 - 08 October 2004
Manager Steve Evans claims Boston United are a "shaken bottle of pop waiting to explode over League Two" ahead of tonight's trip to Southend United (7.45pm).

The Pilgrims take on the Shrimpers looking to find their first away win of the season, against Steve Tilson's men.

The omens are good because the Pilgrims registered their first away win of last season at Roots Hall after eight attempts.

Victory will see the Pilgrims close in on the top seven of the table, with Evans warning his league rivals the best is yet to come from his side.

"We are like a shaken bottle of pop," said Evans.

"Someone has unscrewed the top and it's fizzing at the sides, before it finally explodes.

"We have been doing OK in recent weeks, but it is still not at what I call our best by a long stretch.

"I have been encouraged by how it is all coming together and we are currently on a good run.

"The lads had a great result against Sc**thorpe last Saturday and I want that continue against Southend tonight."

The Pilgrims are without defender Mark Greaves, who is still struggling with a groin strain, while midfielder Chris Holland has a virus and is doubtful for inclusion, as is keeper Nathan Abbey (flu).

You know where Evans can stick his bottle of pop!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 08 2004,14:04)]The Pilgrims are without defender Mark Greaves, who is still struggling with a groin strain, while midfielder Chris Holland has a virus and is doubtful for inclusion, as is keeper Nathan Abbey (flu).
I've always rated Abbey whenever I've seen him so thats good news from a Blues perspective!

Who's your back up keeper?

Does that mean Jason Lee's going to spontaneously combust in the centre circle? Now that I'd pay to see.

You're absolutely right, it will be 'baldy Bastock' if Abbey doesn't make it. It's a shame as Abbey has been a revelation this season, but it'll be nice for Bazza as he is our record appearance holder and hasn't had a chance to say 'goodbye' to the fans yet (not that there'll be many there tonight) as it is rumoured his dodgy knee won't allow him to continue for long, even in the reserves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 08 2004,13:04)]10:30 - 08 October 2004
Manager Steve Evans claims Boston United are a "shaken bottle of pop waiting to explode over League Two" ahead of tonight's trip to Southend United (7.45pm).
yeah they were like fizzy pop alright - Rola Cola.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Oct. 09 2004,10:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 08 2004,13:04)]10:30 - 08 October 2004
yeah they were like fizzy pop alright - Rola Cola.
18 litres for 99p Rola Cola?

Back