• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Team to score first: Boston 5/6; Southend 11/10

First scorer: Andy Kirk 5/1; Jason Lee 11/2; Fredy 6/1; Nicky Nic 40/1

Win market: Boston 6/5; Southend 2/1; Draw 9/4

Correct Scores:

Bos 1 - 1 Sou: 11/2
Bos 1 - 0 Sou: 7/1
Bos 0 - 1 Sou: 8/1
Bos 2 - 1 Sou: 8/1
Bos 0 - 0 Sou: 17/2
Bos 1 - 2 Sou: 10/1

And, for the benefit of one of our unregistered posters:

Bos 1 - 3 Sou: 25/1

Oddly, you can get longer odds on us winning 5/1 (150/1) than on us winning 7-1 (100/1).  Go figure.

Anyhow, the bookies seem to be going pretty heavily with Boston tonight; although oddly whilst the draw is the longest punt in the outright market, it's the shortest punt in the correct score market.

Quite tempted by a cheeky double of a 2-1 win to Blues with Nicky Nic to score first... W4 Shrimper: if you're about, would that get me combined odds of 360/1 (since Bet365, the only lot offering individual scorer odds, have us at 9/1 for the 2/1 win)?

rock.gif

Matt

Incidentally, if you're wondering about title odds:

Yeovil - Evens at best, mostly 10/11
Scunny - 4/1 and lenghtening
Swansea - 5s or 6s and lengthening
Northampton - 8s or 9s and shortening (because of early season money?)
Southend - Mostly 16s; 20s with Ladbrokes.
Darlo - Mostly 25s

40/1 bar...

Matt,

It should do if you multiply out the odds, but in reality it will more than likely be around the 300-1 mark. Something to do with one not being able to happen without the other, but I sure James can come up with a better explanation.

BB

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 12 2005,13:03)]Incidentally, if you're wondering about title odds:

Yeovil - Evens at best, mostly 10/11
Scunny - 4/1 and lenghtening
Swansea - 5s or 6s and lengthening
Northampton - 8s or 9s and shortening (because of early season money?)
Southend - Mostly 16s; 20s with Ladbrokes.
Darlo - Mostly 25s

40/1 bar...
We're still 25s with Betfair. I'm on at 33's
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Jan. 12 2005,13:04)]We're still 25s with Betfair. I'm on at 33's  
tounge.gif
Yeah, the exchanges don't like us!

I've got £5 on us to win a 33s with Hills; and £15 at 8/1 with Paddypower to promote - top 3 and play-off winners.

I'm liking the look of that second one a lot...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 12 2005,12:58)]Anyhow, the bookies seem to be going pretty heavily with Boston tonight; although oddly whilst the draw is the longest punt in the outright market, it's the shortest punt in the correct score market.

Quite tempted by a cheeky double of a 2-1 win to Blues with Nicky Nic to score first... W4 Shrimper: if you're about, would that get me combined odds of 360/1 (since Bet365, the only lot offering individual scorer odds, have us at 9/1 for the 2/1 win)?

rock.gif

Matt
MTS, you'll always get shorter odds on draw correct scores, simply because realistically there are less possible permutations (0-0, 1-1, 2-2), where as a win has a lot more possibilities (1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, etc..)

As for the the Nicky Nic/2-1 double, you won't be able to get a bookie to lay that because one outcome affects the other. If you can find a bookie that offers scorecast odds (let me know if you do as I have yet to find one) I reckon you'd be looking around the 300/1 mark. Incidentally, the combined odds for your bet (if allowed) would be (9+1) X (40+1) - 1 = 409/1.

Best of luck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 12 2005,13:11)]and gowers fit...... OH MY GOD I FEEL GOWER TO SCORE FIRST PREDICTION COMMING ON!!!!
Yeah, but:

(a) he may not start... will Tilly drop Nicky Nic?
(b) he's only at 10s to be first scorer - short odds for a midfielder; Bet365 have obviously had their fingers burnt a little too often on that front...

Nicky Nic at 40s looks very reasonable value to be first scorer, IMHO...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Jan. 12 2005,13:12)]As for the the Nicky Nic/2-1 double, you won't be able to get a bookie to lay that because one outcome affects the other. If you can find a bookie that offers scorecast odds (let me know if you do as I have yet to find one) I reckon you'd be looking around the 300/1 mark. Incidentally, the combined odds for your bet (if allowed) would be (9+1) X (40+1) - 1 = 409/1.

Best of luck.
Spot on - as one effects the other, the double is shortened accordingly. Normally to rip-off proportions too, Scorecasts are the highest margin markets for the bookmakers

bet365 go 250/1 a Nicolau/2-1 double

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Jan. 12 2005,13:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Jan. 12 2005,13:12)]As for the the Nicky Nic/2-1 double, you won't be able to get a bookie to lay that because one outcome affects the other. If you can find a bookie that offers scorecast odds (let me know if you do as I have yet to find one) I reckon you'd be looking around the 300/1 mark. Incidentally, the combined odds for your bet (if allowed) would be (9+1) X (40+1) - 1 = 409/1.

Best of luck.
Spot on - as one effects the other, the double is shortened accordingly. Normally to rip-off proportions too, Scorecasts are the highest margin markets for the bookmakers

bet365 go 250/1 a Nicolau/2-1 double
Cheers James - I knew you'd know!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 12 2005,13:50)]1) Boston 1-3 Southend - is always right!  
wink.gif
Lets hope your right !!

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Jan. 12 2005,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 12 2005,13:50)]1) Boston 1-3 Southend - is always right!  
wink.gif
Lets hope your right !!

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
Are you still alive Rich?

Back