• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BOT 90 albums: Modern Life is Rubbish - Blur v What's the Story Morning Glory - Oasis

R1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As much as I dislike the Gallagher brothers as individuals, you can't argue too much against their music and this album was the soundtrack to that particular period of my life. So many belting songs on here that were massive, massive anthems.

I loved Oasis at that time and this album was them at their peak. I saw them several times: Cliffs, Wembley twice, Maine Road, Earls Court & Knebworth. Great days out all of them.

Vote WtSMG!

Modern Life is Rubbish for me - a superb album which displays the kind of songwriting and musicianship that the Gallaghers could only dream of. Blur's finest hour.

Damon Albarn's always been irritating but that doesn't take away from the fact that Blur could be really good. Oasis were certainly an enigma, the deeply conservative spokesmonkies for a strangely regressive musical movement. Manchester, so much to answer for.

Blur, MLIR is their best album imho. And Coxon is arguably the best guitarist of his generation and influenced so many - even Slipknot.

I voted in favour of Blur, tough one though and whoever goes through stands a good chance in the next round

Have reason to dislike both these - Blur was blasted out literally non-stop by my neighbour for hours at a time, and Oasis was the fodder of choice for some utterly infuriating university peeps. Still, I did like Oasis, despite it all, and never really took to Blur, so Oasis it is.

They both lose lots of points for being involved in that absurd Blur -v- Oasis 'battle'. Embarrassing creation of the music press.

Back